the-home-brew-shop

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live about 20 minutes down the road from these guys. Usually where I buy all my stuff. Great service and always offer some advice when I need it. 5\5

The chaps in Aldershot? I fancied a drive and popped down to see them. I wasn't too convinced, I found the two guys there a little unnerving. One chap didn't seem to know much about anything and the other seemed a tad odd. Other than that, there service wasn't horrible, just didn't seem a good use of a two hour drive.
Haha! I completely understand and agree. The main chap is a little abrupt and borderline rude but Steve is an absolute legend and always very friendly. I think you had the main guy and the new guy.

Funny enough I was there the other day, I'm not sure which person I spoke to there but there was a big lack of enthusiasm in the service, the guy seemed sort of friendly enough but rather lack lustre, but that said I have ordered online and they are amazingly helpful, clearly they are not people persons and they are made for the Internet :lol:

I had good service from these people on the Internet. Quick delivery and when one item proved to be defective, they immediately refunded the said item. Can't quibble about a no quibble refund. Just asked for a photo of the problem. Absolutely reasonable and proper. I'd happily use them again.

I use these guys every time, except for the odd ingredient they don't have.

Only issue I encountered was using their website with Google Chrome, it kept dropping my basket mid order. Worked fine in IE - just a tip in case anyone encounters the same!

I got fed up of my bags of muntons spray malt bursting in transit, so they double bag muntons 'just in case' which is a bonus. Their packaging is one of the best of the suppliers. not as many hops as a certain other company, but at least I know my order will not have issues. :thumb:

Got a pair of half-height kegs from them. Dispatched the next morning with next day delivery. Very happy with that.

Back