Hop rhizomes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leondz

Regular.
Reaction score
It's that time of year again, isn't it? Where do I get rhizomes from? Ordered a few from Germany a couple of months ago but sadly they rotted en route :( What are the good suppliers and are there any interesting recommended varieties?

I'll be lifting my Fuggle this year . . . and will probably have loads of rhizomes to pass on . . . Just waiting for the growth to die back . . . should be lifting in the next week or so . . . I'll just want postage to ship them out.

Personally I'm surprised the hops from Germany didn't take . . . I'm ordering from there this year though.

I'd quite like a rhizome if you have one spare Aleman :thumb:

Hi Aleman,
would be very greatfull if you can pass some my way too i can pay you postage by paypal if you like or send you check in post, should you have any spare that is :thumb:

bones said:
Aleman said:
I'll be lifting my Fuggle this year . . .
Why are you lifting your fuggle?
Its very simple really . . . Space . . . after three years it has really outgrown the area I had for it . . . my plan is to lift it and split it into three or 4 plants and replant into a raised bed . . . which should give me a bit more height . . . plus I then need to sort out some sort of supporting mechanism for it . . . the 8 ft poles just don't cut it . . . and they are starting to ask for the minimum wage :lol:

To all that asked . . . and all that would like some . . . the answer is yes . . . when I've lifted it and split it up I'll post details. . . . Just be very aware that Fuggles is a traditional hop and the bines will grow to 20-25 feet . . . possibly reaching 30 in a good year

Also remember that hops are a fairly invasive plant and will take over any part of the garden you plant them in . . . you have been warned!!

Is this the back of the queue for a rhizome??
I would appreciate one of those Aleman if there are any spare :cheers:

Latest posts

Back