wilko.com sale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until stocks run out or fathers day wich ever comes first according to the manager i spoke to.

B

the sale is from 6th to the 11th its on the banner on their home page. i think all the shelves will be empty long before the 11th :whistle:

iceo said:
the sale is from 6th to the 11th its on the banner on their home page. i think all the shelves will be empty long before the 11th :whistle:

Just been online and hardly anything lest...gutted as planned a brewday on Saturday...will have to call the local shop then and see if they have anything in :doh:

Done really well out of this and hopefully will get a bit more. I reguarly check in my local Wilko's and they hardly ever sell any homebrew gear (confirmed by the manageress when I was ordering a few bits they didnt have in store)

been debating kegging a beer very soon. seems like a good oppourtunity now. can anyone tell me what the wilko's kegs are like? will i need anything else with the keg?

already got one order being delivered tomorrow: 2 golden ale's, 2 wherry's, a cerveza, a pilsner, a hoppy copper, and newkie brown, 6 wine bottles, a bottle capper, caps, 6 wine bottles, plastic wine tops, 2 spraymalt light, 2 spray malt medium. came to about £80 including delivery. Unbelievable Jeff.

bugger i bought 2 dark velvet stout kits yesturday full price... :hmm: .

so today...

i orderd 2 more ... :D ...

and 2 wilkos cider 1 Woodfords Werry.
and 2 coopers lager
6 bags of sugar..
and 2 bags of light spray malt..

im skint but well happy .. :lol: .

heres a BIG THANK YOU TO robbie1710 FOR LETTING US NO ...

Managed to get into Wilco's in Coventry and picked up 6 kits (inc 2 Wherry) 6kg beer enhancer, 2 kg sugar, a 2nd barrel, 200 caps, air locks, sterilisers, spare yeast, CO2 canisters - £156 discounted down to £78. Just need some hops (£5 from local microbrewery) and I'm set! The rest of the year may be a bit hazy :grin:

Thanks for the heads-up.
Stuart

PS - I just hope its an offer and not Wilko ceasing to stock homebrew products...

redhousebrewing said:
Managed to get into Wilco's in Coventry and picked up 6 kits (inc 2 Wherry) 6kg beer enhancer, 2 kg sugar, a 2nd barrel, 200 caps, air locks, sterilisers, spare yeast, CO2 canisters - £156 discounted down to £78. Just need some hops (£5 from local microbrewery) and I'm set! The rest of the year may be a bit hazy :grin:

Thanks for the heads-up.
Stuart

PS - I just hope its an offer and not Wilko ceasing to stock homebrew products...
According to "steve from Wilko's" its an offer.
He's a regular on one of the threads on Jimsbeerkit and is very keen at getting the wilko home brew offer right. :thumb:
Good on him, they've certainly had their pound of flesh out of us lot lately!! :whistle: :thumb:

I was well upset to come home from a hard day's work and find the website had sold out. I was cussing the lot of you bragging about how you'd rinsed it and got tonnes!

So I jumped ship early today and popped into Wilko Wembley. Shelves were full! No signs anywhere that there was an offer on, so I picked up all my hands could carry (I ride a motorcycle, so can't buy too much in one go) and made off with a Cerveza, Wherry, Geordie Winter Warmer, nylon brush, 2 x caps, steriliser and a beerkit enhancer.

Don't worry, I'll be popping back tomorrow morning to get the rest...

(On that subject, I'm new to all this. Those that know the Wilko range well, what would you make a beeline for if your shelves were full? I don't know which of their beers are good and which are garbage, so any advice would help!)

Templar said:
I was well upset to come home from a hard day's work and find the website had sold out. I was cussing the lot of you bragging about how you'd rinsed it and got tonnes!

So I jumped ship early today and popped into Wilko Wembley. Shelves were full! No signs anywhere that there was an offer on, so I picked up all my hands could carry (I ride a motorcycle, so can't buy too much in one go) and made off with a Cerveza, Wherry, Geordie Winter Warmer, nylon brush, 2 x caps, steriliser and a beerkit enhancer.

Don't worry, I'll be popping back tomorrow morning to get the rest...

(On that subject, I'm new to all this. Those that know the Wilko range well, what would you make a beeline for if your shelves were full? I don't know which of their beers are good and which are garbage, so any advice would help!)

well heres my little lot i orderd it yesturday and picked it up 2day...

012-14_zpsaa6e4738.jpg

need less to say im well happy ...
i had to borrow the money but hay its worth it ... :D .

regards mick... :hat: .

mick may said:
i had to borrow the money but hay its worth it ... :D .

It'll save you money in the long run. Looks like you won't need to go shopping for a few weeks now! You've got over 300 bottles of beer right there!!

Went into kidderminster today, loads on shelf and in the foyer, spent £52, saved £52! Got a golden ale, real ale, wherry, coopers lager, forest fruit cider, fv, 2 bags brewing sugar, 3 bags spraymalt, sanitiser and 3 packets of yeast! Went to the father in laws, he said I could have all his stuff because he packed up. Got 3 pressure barrels, an fv, heating belt, tin of Edme gold wort and some syphons. What a day! Just put a youngs harvest bitter into the pressure barrel and got the wherry going, first time I have dehydrated the yeast so we'll see.

Damn it, went to Wilkos a few days too early! Wish I waited then the misses would have let me get another cider kit. Damn it :(

got me a forest fruit cider to try and managed to get 2 bags of brewing sugar for free :lol:

Latest posts

Back