hop rhizomes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncs

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've been given the go ahead from SWMBO to grow hops in the garden. :party: Where is the best place to buy them from? I'd really like one of the American varieties like Citra, but if they are not available in the UK, what's best to go for?

The only American hops I've seen for sale over here are Cascade (I have one) and Willamette. I think the new exciting ones are kept under a tight reign by their breeders!
My Cascade does pretty well over here though.

Duncs said:
I've been given the go ahead from SWMBO to grow hops in the garden. :party: Where is the best place to buy them from? I'd really like one of the American varieties like Citra, but if they are not available in the UK, what's best to go for?

Worth bearing in mind too is that the flavours/aromas you require from Citra hops develop as a result of the climate they are grown in. There's no guarantee you will get the same from UK grown hops in our temperate climate. Terroir I believe they call it :)

Back