Pumpkin wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grotzilla

Reaction score
Has anybody tried this?

Ive got to bottle 80 pints of stout and cerveza tomorrow so figured may as well fill an empty fermenting bucket! Lol

Tesco are selling pumpkins cheap so seems like a win win situation :D

I tried making it last year. After spending ages grating all the pumpkins, I left them in the fridge for too long and went mouldly! I'm planning on trying again this year though.

I think you should fill the spare bucket up with pumpkin..... :thumb:

Ive just thought im staying at the Mrs's this weekend would it be possible to start this in a demijohn or is a bucket needed?

I only want to do 1 gallon

Maybe a bugger to wash it out after though. Get a 5 litre water bottle from Tescos and use that, will probably be a lot easier in the long run.

I'm going to have a go at Pumpkin wine, I've seen a few recipes online etc so will just pick an easy one. The mrs will buy a pumpkin for carving and it seems a shame to waste the pulp.

:thumb:

Got some pumpkins for 10p each yesterday so I'm doing this today. I've had a look around Google and found that pumpkins are starchy. So I'll use Amylase, does anyone agree or disagree?

Thanks all

I have just bottled mine. It tastes fairly harsh but I understand that's often the case with a young country wine, I'm planning on trying a bottle this Halloween :)

Never done a pumpkin wine before, the only thing that puts me off is when my wife roasted some pumpkin in the oven and it tasted like I was chewing on a plastic cup :shock:

Latest posts

Back