Suspect De-weiss

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MPLMPL

Reaction score
This is officially my final extract brew as I've yet to put in my grain order before moving over to the darkside. I had 3 kg of wheat DME to use up, so went for a straightforward weissbier. It's a suspect de-weiss because I have plans for it once fermentation has slowed down a bit. I'm planning on bottling half as a standard weissbier and committing sacrilege with ~10L. The plan is to add some to a demijohn containing some berries, something from the freezer from last years crops from the garden, probably tayberries, perhaps blackberries or blackcurrants (this is probably very very wrong). Another demijohn will contain some fresh kaffir lime leaves - not sure on quantities here, so any advice welcome, particularly if anyone has experience of using fresh lime leaves.

Ended up with 21-22L in the fermenter at SG 1.050.
Cheers

Suspect De-weiss
Weizen/Weissbier

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 23.0
Total Grain (kg): 3.350
Total Hops (g): 65.00
Original Gravity (OG): 1.052 (°P): 12.9
Final Gravity (FG): 1.013 (°P): 3.3
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.11 %
Colour (SRM): 7.7 (EBC): 15.2
Bitterness (IBU): 21.0 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 70
Boil Time (Minutes): 60

Grain Bill
----------------
3.000 kg Dry Malt Extract - Wheat (89.55%)
0.350 kg Carawheat (10.45%)

Hop Bill
----------------
30.0 g Hallertau Mittlefrueh Leaf (4.4% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (1.3 g/L)
35.0 g Hallertau Mittlefrueh Leaf (4.4% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (Boil) (1.5 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------

Fermented at 20°C with Safbrew WB-06

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

There is a post from last week a chap has been brewing a wheat beer with kaffir limes ,you may want to search for it .

Pitched the yeast at 11pm last night; this morning it's off like a rocket. Got downstairs to a blocked airlock and a massively bulging lid on the fermenting bin. I spent most of yesterday with 'suspect device' as an earworm "inflammable material is planted in my head...". Jake Burns was clearly prophetic, as I went to remove the airlock and release the pressure, I got a huge spray of beer and gunk in my face. The closing lines to the song? "We're gonna blow up in their face"... Oh the irony.

Top band, seen them a few times. Last time was about 3 maybe 4 years ago in Wolverhampton ( I think) There was about 150, 45-50 year olds there...top night.
Side note..........Ive recently been offered £200.00 for a signed copy of Ulternative Ulster/78RPM on 7 inch vinyl...took it to a dealer and he thought that was a good price...any thoughts please?

Latest posts

Back