Quick Grainfather review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received my new GF yesterday and decided to get a brew on today.
It came with a free grain kit and a free 50ml bottle of Starsan and cost me �£564 with HBF discount from Geterbrewed,
I chose a "Bitter to the End" kit.
I assembled it last night and took about an hour as I wqs being very careful not to scratch any of the nice shiny surfaces but it`s fairly straightforward.
I cleaned it out with the included bag of cleaner and then flushed it with clean water and a quick run of starsan afterwards.
From when I started to heat the mash water until I put the FV in the heater fridge took 4.5 hours!
Everything went smoothly.I was following the instructions that came with the GF and also watched a Youtube vid of some guy doing a brew in his kitchen.
I`m impressed with the whole thing,epecially the chiller.As soon as I put the chiller on,I checked the temperature and it was coming out at 25C,so I put it straight into the FV.
20 minutes after switching the boil off,it was in the heater fridge.
I could have knocked 30 minutes off the time,as I forgot to put my mash water on to heat in my Burco,until 10 mins before the end of the mash(15 mins) and I had to knock the boil off at 95c as I had to nip out to collect the mutt from the dog groomer before they closed(15 mins)

Overall,very impressed.
Faults-Need a handle of some sort on the glass lid.
Need rubber feet on the chiller as it slides all over the place on the glass lid.I put some bike inner tubes at the bottom to hold it in place.

Latest posts

Back