Pumpkin/Marrow/Courgette wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapbrew

Junk and disorderly
Reaction score
After trying a pumkin wine from a member of another forum I decided to use some of my large round courgettes to make a version, The recipe can be used for either pumpkin, marrow or courgette,or any squash really.

I cut up a large one and got 2kg cut into chunks from it, this was added to a fermenting bin with 1 crushed campden tablet and 1 tsp of pectolase and 2L of boiled water, I will leave it for 24hrs then strain onto lL RGJ (couldn't find WGJ anywhere) and 1L apple juice, 700g sugar, yeast, nutrient, lemon juice and glycerine and mug of strong tea.

Slight change to this method now as I was bottling a wow this morning and got carried away and went off into my usual method and just added more water n sugar n yeast to the courgette wine because forgot I was gonna use the juice! so it's gonna be just a standard country wine now.

After a slow start due to being colder it's going nicely this morning, I forgot to say that as I didn't use juice in the end I upped the sugar to 900g after checking sg and ended up around 1.076 so good enough, and also added a handful of mixed dried fruit, I will grab some sultanas when I'm out later and add a handful o them too.

Added some more sultanas and a ripe banana that I had kicking about, its fermenting well and got a nice taste already.

10 days in the fermenting had slowed, reading around 1.000 so I strained the juice from the pulp and just transferred it to dj to let it finish off.

An update after six months in the bottle:-

Had a couple a bottles o this during the last couple o weeks and it's really lovely, and one I'll definitely do again, and although I didn't use the fruit juice that was in the recipe I was given and had tasted from a mate, but it came out better!

Back