Festival World Beer Kits German Weiss

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essexjim

Essex Jim
Reaction score
This is my third wheat beer kit (two Wilko wheats), and the best so far.

Everything needed in the kit (priming sugar and all), my only advice is to let it ferment for longer than the instructions (two weeks for me).

I struggled to keep the brewing temps down, constantly hitting 24C so it was going to have a lot of the bubblegum flavours (something I like).

Lively brew (like the Wilko one) spewing out of the blowoff tube quite quickly.

It's been about 3 weeks racked in the bottle and is the best Wheat beer I've done, very close to the bottled stuff you get in the shop (Paulaner etc.).

Will get again when I'm looking for more wheat. I've also done the Festival Razorback IPA which has turned out a winner, I'm doing their Steam Beer tomorrow, very happy with Festival so far.

It's been a couple of months now since I've bottled this and the flavour has changed slightly, getting a slight lemon tinge at the end (something I like).

Thanks for the feedback. I've got a Donner and Blitzed bubbling away in the fermenter. But bought the German Weiss kit a while ago and now looking really forward to starting it

So what would you buy next time, the Festival Weiss beer kit at about £24, or a Wilko one can with extra fermentables at about £8 cheaper? :hmm:

I still have a 2L bottle of the wilko one left. I'll finish it off this weekend and let you know if time has made enough of a difference.

I mean I did cock up those first two kits from wilko so your mileage may vary.

Latest posts

Back