Brew con london - a home brewing conference and expo

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrannBrew

Damo Brann
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in no way associated with this project, I hope I also haven't duplicated threads on the subject.
However over the last month or so I've been tracking this new brew con. that is being organised by Beer Boars, it sounds like it could be quite fun, their post from yesterday explains abit more and the second link is to their kickstarter page. I've backed them for an early bird ticket, still deciding if I'll go if it goes ahead.

https://www.beerboars.com/single-post/2017/07/03/BREW-CON-KICKSTARTER-LAUNCHES

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/714180056/brew-con-london-a-home-brewing-conference-and-expo

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ-iCPdU0eI[/ame]

I've been following this as well as I'd love to go, but sadly I'm on holiday during that weekend. I do know the guy who is organising it, a great guy and knows his stuff about beers and brewing.

Just saw this new Kickstart posted on Facebook. It's for a two day homebrew conference in London in November. At £15 for a weekend ticket I figure it is definitely worth a punt.

I hope there is actually some interesting talks and an opportunity to taste some good homebrew rather than just being a showcase for sponsors to try to sell you shiny brewing gear.

Just saw this new Kickstart posted on Facebook. It's for a two day homebrew conference in London in November. At ��£15 for a weekend ticket I figure it is definitely worth a punt.

I hope there is actually some interesting talks and an opportunity to taste some good homebrew rather than just being a showcase for sponsors to try to sell you shiny brewing gear.

Could be interested. Any clue where the venue is?

Just had a look on their Twitter. They have 3 locations depending on how successful the funding is. I'd wager somewhere in East London as there seems to be a number of exhibition spaces there (going by recent beer festivals)

Could be somewhere like the tabacco docks. I believe agin festival was hosted there last year. I attended a ps4 vr experience and it had a decent amount of space for talks and sponsors /vendors. All depends on how well it gets supported. I looked a few hours after backing it this morning and it was already to 35%, probably more now.

Hope it does well

I looked a few hours after backing it this morning and it was already to 35%, probably more now.

£2,781
pledged of £5,000 goal

backers

days to go

Saw this morning that they are also running a competition to BJCP guidelines, once more is released about it I'm sure I or another forumite will start a new thread about it.

What..? You mean like...Peckham..? :doh:

You've obviously never been out of your village of Canterbury an visited London have you. :tongue:

Peckham - Edgy,but not too edgy because we've got a costa coffe now and we dont want scare off all that middle class money that cant afford to live in Clapham anymore. Multicultural,bet you cant buy goat meat in Cantebury :mrgreen: and vibrant,
Peckham is the hipster mecca of SE London! Only in Peckham can you get ****** on top of a car park amongst beards and dodgy art instillations, and pay through the nose for the privilidge

You've obviously never been out of your village of Canterbury an visited London have you. :tongue:

Peckham - Edgy,but not too edgy because we've got a costa coffe now and we dont want scare off all that middle class money that cant afford to live in Clapham anymore. Multicultural,bet you cant buy goat meat in Cantebury :mrgreen: and vibrant,
Peckham is the hipster mecca of SE London! Only in Peckham can you get ****** on top of a car park amongst beards and dodgy art instillations, and pay through the nose for the privilidge

:lol::lol::lol::lol: listen...! You can't claim to have the only hipster mecca in the country...! And it's NOT only Peckham where you can enjoy a can of Special Brew with a few crusty friends and trip over a few more (literally). We've got car parks too...and the dodgy artistry is just as graphic. One or two spellin mistajes, but they definitely add to the overall charm. And, in our car parks, the stairwells & lifts (mobile urinals ) have their own unique pungency.
I can't really claim to know your Royal Hamlet Myqul, so maybe I was a little hasty. By way
of an apology, if you ever visit my little village, I'll treat you to a can of Special Brew or whatever your prefered tipple is, introduce you to some of my bearded friends and we could admire the view of the old gasometer from the car park roof, while sipping cocktails...:thumb:

P.S. You're right about the goat meat. That's cos we lassoo our own wild ones. That means we can flog off the excess as halal in the Wednesday market. A word of caution here: if you visit the village, 'don't wear a goat skin jacket' .....could lead to an unfortunate incident. :doh:

Latest posts

Back