Home Brew Competition - August 17

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers stigman.

The blue cap was the maple bourbon porter based on the gh vanilla bourbon recipe.

20170824_183712.jpg

Congrats Dan and Wfr. Glad you enjoyed the braggot Stigman and thanks for judging. Out of interest, how many entries did you get in the end?

If anyone's interested here is the recipe for the coriandish pale ale (based heavily on Hoddy's original rosemary/simcoe pale recipe)

24L
OG 1.048 - FG 1.009 - 5.1%
38ish IBUs

MO extra pale - 5Kg
Vienna malt - 500g
Acidulated malt - 60g

Simcoe (13.2%) 20g @ 60mins
Motueka (7.0%) 40g @ 10mins
Fresh coriander leaf, 25g @ 5mins
Motueka, 50g + Simcoe, 10g (was meant to be all motueka but I ran out)- steep post boil @ 70C
Fresh coriander leaf, 30g + Moteuka, 100g - dry hop 5 days.

CML US pale ale yeast - started at 17C

:cheers:

Here's my recipe, it's a variant of the Honey Raisin Beer from Radical Brewing but I chickened out and didn't add the 1.5 L grape concentrate (from a white wine kit) due to the mash getting stuck, then knocking off the grainfather filter and the brew looking much darker than I'd expected. Think my actualy figures were 1.062 OG and 1.014 FG, the software can't account for honey being 100% fermentable and applies the expected attenuation to it too. I think if I re-brewed this with temp control it would dry out a bit farther. Without the grape I'd probably up the hops too.

View attachment Belgian Braggot.pdf

Latest posts

Back