So....Phil & J_P .....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was pretty good. I didn't like the champion beer of Britain very much though.

It was an experience but I'm not sure I'd go again to be honest and I certainly wouldn't pay to go down there. I think the sheer scale of the thing meant that it lacked the atmosphere I enjoy. It was really warm too so some of the beers were warm, I doubt they'd have been much cop in a day or two.

On the plus side I got to try a couple of beers I may never get to sample again and I got to try a few beers on my "to taste" list and that's what it's all about.

Some further scribblings on the fest can be found here

Speaking of festivals it's only around a month to Darlington's autumn festival where I've volunteered to help set up and I'll have an ale on there too so it promises to be a good few days, especially if I can turn out an ale as good as last years.

I enjoyed the festival. FFF is probably my closest brewery so I left tasting the Alton's Pride until last.

I thought they made a good choice for champion beer. There are a lot of Styrian laden blonde beers around which I love but the more traditional English bitter (AP) seemed better balanced to my mind.

The GBBF is a big festival but I kind of like it. There are so many breweries there that I could spend a whole week there and never run out of beers I wanted to try.

The only thing that pisses me off is the twats who dress up and think it's funny to act the fool. It's a beer festival not a bloody circus :evil: I think I must be getting old :roll:

/Phil.

Back