one supplier or shop around?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goodies ordered yesterday at 11:30 delivered this morning at....11:30! From homebrew online. ...I have a few tins of malt and single can kits to partial mash so having the grain in sealed bags suits me fine atm. Just going to hide it under the bed before gestapo headquarters marches in....

Cheers

Clint
well that's a order and a half you got there
how long will that last you
I have also had a grate service like you from homebrew online
shame forum members don't get discount from them

Including the bits I already have I've calculated around 8 x 23 l brews..calif common,2 x stouts,cerveza,American wheat,German wheat,a bitter and American style pale. Hops and yeast from CML should be here Monday. Such fun! I hope to sort out my partial mash technique then consider moving to ag...

Cheers

Clint

Last edited:
When I started home brewing I used The Home Brew Shop mostly, and always got a great service. Recently since starting all grain I've used the homebrew company and Malt Miller and again have had good service, especially as the later two use DPD, much easer to schedule deliveries for when SWMBO is at home. I do get the odd "not more brewing stuff!", :lol:

A good home brew supplier is one thing, a good courier is another. Combine the two and why go anywhere else? For me DPD is the best, what with the ability to see on a map exactly where your parcel is and what drop number you are. You can time it to the second! All jolly good fun and highly amusing if you're of that bent.

Goodies ordered yesterday at 11:30 delivered this morning at....11:30! From homebrew online. ...I have a few tins of malt and single can kits to partial mash so having the grain in sealed bags suits me fine atm. Just going to hide it under the bed before gestapo headquarters marches in....

Cheers

Clint
Can't be much left in the shop never mind your bank account 😋

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I've narrowed down to one online supplier - the home brew company, and one LHBS - Morley home brew centre. A trade off between price and convenience, depending on what I am ordering determines which I choose.

A mix of Homebrewcompany (10kg base malt is a good size/price) or Malt miller.

I like NLHBS (not local at 200 miles away but pass with work now and again) Hop and Grape for liquid yeast and speciality malts. Always helpful. I wish I had one local.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I hate dpd had a few deliveries done by them
the boxes are always busted and split what a lot of **** drivers

sorry about this this is the first time I slag someone of on here sorry

I hate dpd had a few deliveries done by them
the boxes are always busted and split what a lot of **** drivers

sorry about this this is the first time I slag someone of on here sorry

That's too bad... never had a problem with them but have from other couriers. Maybe not packed properly in the first place, which then of course lays the blame with the HBS!

I get nearly all from malt miller although I got some hops from crossmyloof recently as they had higher aa pellets of the European varieties I wanted. If they're good I'll get more from them. Malt miller delivery is great and 100% reliable. I've found others to be a mixed bag which isn't helpful when I'm only in certain days.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

i like to use the local belfast shop, but they dont always have desired hops in and only do dry yeasts, but are generally very good. i use geterbrewed for their recipe builder service and it looks like they can also specify grain crush as well now which helps. For hardware i have used malt miller and brewuk as more of a range.

I'm fortunate enough to live a couple of doors down from LHBS. The owner is a good bloke, enthsiastic, also runs the brew club. I buy from him when I can as the prices are good, but his liquid yeast selection is limited and he only sells crushed grain.

Pretty much solely use The Malt Miller and very happy the recipe generator is back online.

I did use Crossmyloof as hops worked out cheaper. Happy with the service and product, so may use them if I forget something in the future.

I used to order from the home brew shop as I did there all grain course but most of the other main ones are slightly cheaper. Local shop that wasn't even very local closed years ago and didn't even stock grain if I remember correctly you had to order in advance and they would get it in.

I have a great homebrew shop in Burnley and I'd be gutted if it closed.It may cost a few pence more than online but it's worth it to me to have somewhere local that I can call in anytime and pick up whatever I want
I also find you get great advice and'a few extras
The closest one'I have to me is 7 miles away which isn't that far really
But he will always do me an extra bottle or two or airlock, once letting me have a bag of chocolate malt a quid short
So there is some benefits for paying a bit more
But I won't lie if it's mid week and a **** day at work with a brew planned for the weekend I often go online and order yeast or hops from reliably quick service brew sellers

I nearly always use Geterbrewed for ingredients. I got some hops from Crossmyloof recently and was really impressed with the service so might try their yeast for my next few brews. Equipment wise I shop around. I've got some mini kegs from Brew UK, Leyland Homebrew and the-home-brew-shop and found the service from the latter to be far superior to the other 2.

My nearest shop is in Edinburgh (about 60 miles away). I've looked into making an order to collect from them when I've been going to Edinburgh but every time I've found in cheaper just to order through GEB with the£6 postage charge.
I noticed brewUK best prices for mini kegs
The brewferm party tap one for instance is unbeatable and free postage

One of the biggest home brew stores in a 10 minutes drive from here, so 95% of my purchases are there. The remaining 5% is CML, 247homebrew, elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back