Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Wine, Cider & Other Home Brewing Talk > Wine & Cider Recipes > Cider recommendation kit/recipe magners style

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 09-08-2017, 05:49 AM   #1
Ciaran12s

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Cider recommendation kit/recipe magners style

Hi All,

Fairly new and done a few beers now. I was wanting to do a cider mainly for SWMBO.

She (and i occasionally) like Magners. I done the raspberry and lime by On the Rocks and it turned it pretty good. I'm looking for a kit/recipe recommendation for an all round tasty apple cider I can get to around 4% and if it's close to Magners then brilliant.

I have had a look around and it seems cider clones aren't really possible as they are with beers but if anyone can recommend something that sounds like it fits my bill that'd be marvellous!

Cheers folks

Old 09-08-2017, 06:36 AM   #2
pvt_ak

Liked 316 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Straight turbo cider is your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-08-2017, 06:50 AM   #3
Ciaran12s

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Cheers mate. I did fancy giving one a bash anyway!

Old 09-08-2017, 02:34 PM   #4
MrDasherD

Liked 65 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 43

A turbo would be great and I usually have several on the go myself!

There are several excellent kits around too ... my lady particularly enjoys the Ciderworks kits (easy to vary the sweet / dryness), Bulldog Perfect Apple (medium dry) and the Young's fruit ciders. All of those are complete kits needing no extra sugar other than for priming.

She doesn't usually go for Magners when out but often chooses Cornish Rattler, Reveller by Orchard Pig or Strongbow Cloudy (well and sometimes Thatchers Cheddar Valley ... which can even tempt me away from beer - but that's another story)

Tags
mangers session cider