AG49 Vermont IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found the NEIPA style a seriously tough style to nail.

Agreed, it's a tough one all right. Sounds deceptively simple though, as much fruity late and dry hops as your wallet can handle, biotransformation yeast, oats, and job done. If only it were that easy.

Now you tell me! :lol:

I'm due to add the 2nd (and final) dry hop addition to my latest attempt today, and am temtped to increase the amount a little reading this.
Was planning on another 90g like the 1st dry hop but might go to 120g, which would make 345g hops in total in a 24L batch.
In for a penny.

Now you tell me! :lol:

I'm due to add the 2nd (and final) dry hop addition to my latest attempt today, and am temtped to increase the amount a little reading this.
Was planning on another 90g like the 1st dry hop but might go to 120g, which would make 345g hops in total in a 24L batch.
In for a penny.

Yeah go for it, there's a recent thread somewhere here by @ProjectBeer and he has a dry hop of over 500g!

Yeah go for it, there's a recent thread somewhere here by @ProjectBeer and he has a dry hop of over 500g!

Yeah I saw that - I like my hops, but 500g might be pushing it a bit for me.
I did go with the extra dry hop in my neipa though, making what I thought was a respectable 210g, but sounds a bit puny now :lol:

I can still remember the taste of your beer. Also had excellent beers from @hoddy and @Dads_Ale really made me want to brew one. How does Amarillo, Cascade, Citra, El Dorado and Mosaic sound? Thinking of 125g of each split between late addition and dry hop. I plan on adding some at the start of fermentation as well.

How does Amarillo, Cascade, Citra, El Dorado and Mosaic sound? Thinking of 125g of each split between late addition and dry hop. I plan on adding some at the start of fermentation as well.

It sounds awesome :thumb:
That's over 600g of hops :shock:

Latest posts

Back