Flavoured kilju?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Druss

Mead Magician
Reaction score
I was thinking about following a basic 'kilju' recipe but using super wine yeast compound, then adding a food flavouring (the home baking type) such as mint or vanilla to make a (high-ish percentage) schnapps style wine. Has anyone tried this? Will it work? Will it end in (tbh what I am expecting) disaster?

You would need to add in a couple of filtering stages if you plan on drinking it. You will most likely need a LOT of flavouring too, to overcome the off flavours :D

Ah, I thought as much. I might try doing 500ml or so of it and see what happens out of interest but I'm not holding out much hope for anything amazing. Thanks for the reply :D

will be fine but stick to 15% and use champers yeast and lots of it with plenty of nutrients DAP and vit b would be fine but tronozymol is nicer packaged,- might even be alright without flavouring champers yeast is v clean and peachy tasting :D

I made a test batch of 5 ltr a while back then diluted to 10 ltr for bottling, It took ages to carb up and i ended up with a couple that blew up in the summer. But it turned out brilliant with a slight lemon twist to it. I add flavors when pouring using soda stream flavors of about 10 to 15ml per pint. I have cola, lemon and dandilion and burdock which i like the best lol :D

I did wonder about using SodaStream flavours, I think that's probably the best way to go. I'm going to store in my shed after bottling so hopefully the low temperature will remove the risk of exploding bottles.

Back