Too warm

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ostrich

Reaction score
Hi,
I have had two batches of Wherry fermenting for 10 days. I transferred to barrels yesterday and today with OG at 1040 and FG at 1012 for both. All seems well on paper with a good yeast cake at the bottom of both and a yeast residue of about 2 inches above the wort.

However I bought a thermometer today (a little late i agree) and the temperature in the room is about 25c. Today is particularly warm and I think has been for the past 4 days or so perhaps coinciding with the heating being turned on. (not my house by the way so not sure of the day to day temp).

I recall the temperature being a lot cooler on the brew days and hope they were lower (18-21).

The question I have is that if i am lucky ant the first 48 hours or so were in the right zone, but the second half of fermentation were too high (25)... will this effect the alcohols being produced (fusils) greatly?? It will be disappointing to waste a lot of time maturing beer that will ultimately be bad, and headache juice??

Persevere and hope all is well and beer cleans up nicely?

Many thanks for advice to a newby. (obviosly now i have temp control I can monitor correctly)

Doug

Back