Co2 Supplier

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo1983

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me a place to get Co2 from?

I bought a couple of cornie kegs and have since ordered the party dispenser, a regulator and a pipe to connect from regulator to keg with attachments at each end.

Now I cant find anywhere to get Co2 from!!

I'm in Feltham - Middlesex but work in Farnborough, any ideas of anywhere around these areas of a supplier?

There's a place in Doncaster that does pretty big bottles of co2 but too far even for me to go and they don't deliver,with mine I've got a hambleton bard S30 valve and bottle which has around 200 grams of co2 in them the initial cost is around £25 for the purchase of the bottle and gas first time and a fiver to exchange when empty your lhbs will have them and should last you easily 6 months and two or 3 cornies
Also those party taps ain't a lot of good either get a sparkler tap

All Liquid Drinks Dispense Limited

Unit 7 The Woodford Centre

Lysander Way

Old Sarum

Salisbury

Wiltshire

SP4 6BU

Tel: 01980 733008

Email:*[email protected]

Web:*www.aldd.co.uk

Less than 15 quid a bottle, no deposit, no rental. 50 odd miles from Farnborough?

ALDD are amazing, I was stunned they wanted no deposit as I took my 2 cylinders away to Northumberland.... Travelling with work has advantages some times! Also BrewUK is 2 minutes down the road

Thanks for the feedback gents.

I'm hoping there is somewhere a little closer though, ALDD is 1 hour 20 minutes away, I don't mind paying a bit more for something more local if anyone has any other suggestions?

Otherwise I will try and find out more on the Hambleton suggestion.

I'm shocked... Just ordered and they basically let me order for a delivery Monday, 11.95+VAT.

No delivery charge

No payment

Just basically gave my details and they will either allow cash on delivery or an invoice?!?

Strangest order I have ever made, I will update when/if it arrives.

Thanks for the details guys, if this works its saved me a load of hassle and cash!

I will let you know on Monday when it (maybe) arrives, i stupidly didn't ask the size, I mentioned it was for home brew and she said 'oh a small one then'...

Regarding the connection, god knows, I have ordered these various bits blind so it will be a fluke if the regulator/gas/pipes all fit!

If not, back to the drawing board I suppose.

Delivered and set up, as did my 3/16 beer line. Dead Phony IPA pouring nicely
IMG_20151127_184304_zpsdwoqawbt.jpg

For the price I will not be complaining about the looks :thumb:

Hard to believe they deliver a bottle of CO2 that size and all for under £15, is there a time limit on the length of keeping it and do they collect and swap the emptys for a new one? Also I can see you are connected to the quick disconnect for gas in,how is the gas guage connected could you post a photo please

I've been posting about these people for a while now. There is no need to question when/if - they are a reputable company, working as part of Air Liquide, one of the biggest distributors of gas you'll ever find.

Godsdog - once you've got it, you've got it until you need another one. As for swapping cylinders over for you, the best thing to do is ask them. If I remember correctly, the cylinder size is about 80cm high, weighs 6kg. The regulator has a female thread that screws into the male valve on the cylinder.

6.34kg I think. I got two :) big thanks to MM for posting about them

I've been posting about these people for a while now. There is no need to question when/if - they are a reputable company, working as part of Air Liquide, one of the biggest distributors of gas you'll ever find.

Godsdog - once yoy've got it, you've got it until you need another one. As for swapping cylinders over for you, the best thing to do is ask them. If I remember correctly, the cylinder size is about 80cm high, weighs 6kg. The regulator has a male thread that screws into the female valve on the cylinder.
Do they deliver themselves and how far out to?

Regulator attaches to the standard male connection on the bottle.
I removed the line of 4 or 5 adapters that ended in a barb and replaced them with a john guest 1/4" bsp male (standard regulator side fitting) to 3/8" push fit from here: http://www.copperkettlehomebrewing.co.uk/cornelius-kegs-and-spares/649/jg-gas-regulator-fitting
IMG_20151127_205401_zpsjv5wxvkt.jpg

I can shut off the gas and 2 days later there is still pressure in the gas pipe (even with the previous leaky gas cylinder that lost pressure as soon as you shut off the main valve, as long as the regulator was shut off too). Plenty of PTFE on the screw fitting :thumb:

I just emailed [email protected] last Thursday evening, reply Monday.

Mine arrived Monday as they advised same as the one Adrian posted above. Felt a lot heaven than 6 kg but I guess that is the canister weight.

Apparently they will invoice for payment in the post.

My regulator is the same as the one in your picture too Adrian, I think I need some PTFE tape and an adjustable wrench to tighten and seal as it it leaking some gas out where the nut is. However my regulator does not seem to stop the flow of gas totally, should it do that?

Cheers
Leo

Mine stops it completely by 'opening' the tsp fully. 'Closing' the tap let's more gas through.

The quick disconnect also stops the gas when unconnected. I have found that the pressure in my gas line is maintained when everything is off... Which is nice.

Back