BIAB Starter Kit (Peco Boiler, Chiller, Mashing bag, Mash Kit)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks to wfr42 for posting this earlier in another thread. £100.00 - Sale:£80.00 (20% off)

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk...iler-chiller-mashing-bag-mash-kit-p-2507.html

c905d089df9d081295b1f441579296ee.image.320x320.jpg

That looks an absolute steal, but do you get what you pay for with these Peco boilers? I've seen around the net that they struggle to get a boil.

Got this last year. I made a mash tun but use this as a HLT and boiler.
Been in use twice a month works a treat.

I will add that the original element had a dodgy connection with the power lead. But HBC replaced and I am very impressed with it. For those who follow my brew days I always get a good, quick boil

Hope this works well I just joined the all grain dark side after doing two kit brews. Got it delivered to work on Friday and the missus doesn't know yet. She's allready moaning about all the bottles and buckets in the kitchen. Gona have to build me a man shed soon.

Fellow brewer and forumite Niman kindly donated me his old Peco boiler and it's served me well. I'm into double figures with the brews done with it. Takes around 25 mins to get to mash temp and 45 mins to get to a soft rolling boil. It can also be use as a mashtun. I see posts on here for people looking 15L pots at half this price. It's a no brainer when you get all this for less than £80.

What's the biggest grain bill anyone's squeezed into a peco boiler mine has come with hbc's American double IPA which is apparently 6.2kg's of grain, am I gona be ok fitting all this in? The instructions supplied are a bit complicated says do two mashes, presume these are for 3 vessel systems. Perhaps I should have gone for a weaker brew fir my first attempt.

What's the biggest grain bill anyone's squeezed into a peco boiler mine has come with hbc's American double IPA which is apparently 6.2kg's of grain, am I gona be ok fitting all this in? The instructions supplied are a bit complicated says do two mashes, presume these are for 3 vessel systems. Perhaps I should have gone for a weaker brew fir my first attempt.

http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/guide-to-brewing-8-brew-in-a-bag-biab-c-58_239.html

this might be helpfull.. and 6.2kg will fit ok... be warned though the bag will be heavy after mashing

I take it all back. I'm seriously considering this as it's such a bargain!

That looks an absolute steal, but do you get what you pay for with these Peco boilers? I've seen around the net that they struggle to get a boil.

you dont need to, but you can add a second element for �£20.. peco sell replacements.

i did it incase the first failed mid brew.... this will also improve your heating power.. but i found 2 elements is too much once at the boil so i turn one off

DSC_0538.jpg

Back