Best bottle condition practices?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerisGOD

Landlord.
Reaction score
im starting to wander if ive got my bottle conditioning nailed.

is it best to chill the bottles for a few days to a week after the first couple of weeks in a warm area? or leave for another two weeks at room temp, then chill.

ive always been doing 2 weeks warm (20-22c), 2 weeks room temp, an hour(s)/days before consumption.

Does anyone have a better practice to guarantee best flavour and clarity from theyre beer? be interested to hear other's conditioning systems

Cheers Beer's:grin:

I do 2 weeks warm, around 18ºC then stick them in the fridge for 2 weeks. I usually end up with a nice clear pint, although they don't always last the full 2 weeks in the cold :whistle:

I also find with safale S04 yeast after 2 weeks cold it sticks to the bottom of the bottle pretty well so you don't have to worry too much about getting yeast in your pint.

I do two weeks warm to carb up then somewhere cool (currently an outhouse) until I'm ready to drink them then they go in the fridge for an hour or two. I always thought the ideal cool conditioning temp was about 12c but I have no idea where I got that info from.

Like the Doc says, after it's carbed then ideally it should be stored in a cool place till it's ready to drink. If you're lucky enough to have a cellar that's perfect. My long term beers like RIS or quads get stored in the garage which is usually nice and cool, others I just keep in the cupboard which really isn't ideal, but these ones don't usually last too long. They just go in the fridge for an hour or two before drinking.

Latest posts

Back