Malt Miller malt extract..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
looking on tinterweb and planning ahead I looked at the Malt Miller website and noticed they sell 1.5kg liquid malt extract for £6.60..which is a great price! Anyone used this? Looking to combine with single can kits.

cheers

Clint

That looks really interesting - no, not tried it but tempted.

Yes it will be good to add to a single-can kit, but far better to get two of them and some hops (and maybe some speciality grains) and do a full-blown Extract brew. My LHBS makes up his own kits this way and the results are great, not far off AG territory. Many books and online resources have Extract version of AG recipes.

I'll be giving this a go with those extracts (usually use Coopers) next month, bit busy at the mo.

That looks really interesting - no, not tried it but tempted.

Yes it will be good to add to a single-can kit, but far better to get two of them and some hops (and maybe some speciality grains) and do a full-blown Extract brew. My LHBS makes up his own kits this way and the results are great, not far off AG territory. Many books and online resources have Extract version of AG recipes.

I'll be giving this a go with those extracts (usually use Coopers) next month, bit busy at the mo.

Yes, do try an all extract brew,far better than any kit(imho) and quite easy to do. Holland and Barratt have 454gm jars of liquid malt at �£2.69, i use those along with dry spray malt:thumb:

Hi!
I've tried this unbranded extract from The Homebrew Company:http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/light-premium-liquid-malt-extract-15kg-p-2284.html
At �£4.95 for 1.5 kilos it's brilliant value, but the colour isn't consistent, so I only use it when brewing darker beers.
I also use Meridian malt extract (from H&B): I bought rather a lot of it when it was on offer and got free shipping. It is a medium dark extract, so I only use it in bitters and stouts. H&B have regular 1p sales; buy one item and get the second for 1p.
At the moment H&B have Meridian (370g) at £1.99 (£8.06 per 1.5 kg) and Potters malt extract (650g) at £4.85 (£11.19 per 1.5 kg). In the penny sale that puts them in roughly the same price range as the stuff from The Homebrew Company and The Malt Miller.
I don't use H&Bs own brand as it isn't sourced exclusively from barley.

Hi!
I've tried this unbranded extract from The Homebrew Company:http://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/light-premium-liquid-malt-extract-15kg-p-2284.html
At ���£4.95 for 1.5 kilos it's brilliant value, but the colour isn't consistent, so I only use it when brewing darker beers.
I also use Meridian malt extract (from H&B): I bought rather a lot of it when it was on offer and got free shipping. It is a medium dark extract, so I only use it in bitters and stouts. H&B have regular 1p sales; buy one item and get the second for 1p.
At the moment H&B have Meridian (370g) at ��£1.99 (��£8.06 per 1.5 kg) and Potters malt extract (650g) at ��£4.85 (��£11.19 per 1.5 kg). In the penny sale that puts them in roughly the same price range as the stuff from The Homebrew Company and The Malt Miller.
I don't use H&Bs own brand as it isn't sourced exclusively from barley.

Just checked my H and B malt extract, it's selected english barley, nowt else! been using it for a while now and never had a problem with it,also must say i have yet to find it in the penny sale down here:twisted:

Just checked my H and B malt extract, it's selected english barley, nowt else! been using it for a while now and never had a problem with it,also must say i have yet to find it in the penny sale down here:twisted:

Hi!
This from H&Bs website:
Ingredients:
Ingredients Malt Extract
Advisory information:
Not suitable for Coeliacs. Contains Wheat, Rye, Barley and Oat

Hi!
This from H&Bs website:
Ingredients:
Ingredients Malt Extract
Advisory information:
Not suitable for Coeliacs. Contains Wheat, Rye, Barley and Oat

Mmmmmmmmmmmm
Ok, but have used a lot of it, mostly alongside spraymalt or beer enhancer and my beers have all(so far) been pretty good,soooooooooooo
Will continue to do so until i get a duffun

That's the only one with "other" ingredients. ..the rest just say made with barley. Look on fleabay you can get 12 jars of Rayners all barley delivered for £24...it also says in the product description used for brewing.I've got a card for a local cash and carry going to have a look there. But..getting back on subject..the Malt Miller stuff is hard to beat.

regards

Clint

Got my malt miller delivery today..bang on time. Excellent service! Got 2 x 1 kg light spray malt, 3 × 1.5 kg liquid malt a 1.5 kg pure sodium percarbonate and 500ml no rinse starsan equivalent for £60 Inc vat and next day delivery! All double packaged in air tight sealed bags.

Regards

Clint

sorry guys just clicked on the link and takes you to the US site, just search malt extract in amazon, 3.18kg for £12.44.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good to know, I've been looking at The Homebrew Company and their Extract kits which seem remarkably cheap, I guess they contain that cheaper LME rather than Coopers or the like.

Latest posts

Back