pressure barrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmandan

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I'm looking in to getting a pressure barrel and I've seen a 20L one for about 90 quid. Expensive i know i live abroad so thats why...

I find that a bit pricey, but i found a company that has a 30L keg full of beer for 100 quid!

What I'm wondering is are the fittings on all kegs universal or would it depend on the brand? because i will have to buy the keg from one company and fittings from another.

cheers!

Hi Guys!

I'm looking in to getting a pressure barrel and I've seen a 20L one for about 90 quid. Expensive i know i live abroad so thats why...

I find that a bit pricey, but i found a company that has a 30L keg full of beer for 100 quid!

What I'm wondering is are the fittings on all kegs universal or would it depend on the brand? because i will have to buy the keg from one company and fittings from another.

cheers!
a picture in the post would be good so we can advise.30 litre keg with beer that's an ok deal if it can be utilised

commercial kegs are only containers you also need a regulated gas supply gas/beer line, a tap with some sort of antifobbing (antifoaming most of us employ thin pressure reducing 3/16" microline..) And crucially some sort of temperature control over the keg, you can get by with a 'cool spot'...

Also when a supplier provides you with a keg of beer you buy the beer not the keg thats still owned by the brewery and needs to go back ;(

However the fittings for kegs are fairly standard, though there are a few different types Sankey-S seems to be the most popular used by home brewers.

While Stainless steel kegs will last a few lifetimes they are not cheap there are now budget single use poly kegs being used which are a 1 use container and some models can be reused by home brewers ;)

Latest posts

Back