Best supplier

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apologies right away,I am certain there is a thread on this but can't find it,my I pad is playing up I think.

I used to use the home brew shop uk,art of brewing and love to brew for my kits.
For my first grain order I used Brew uk(think this is Greg Hughes shop) and they were pretty good, they didn't have the Pilsner malt I orderded and automatically upgraded to the more expensive type free of charge,they also didn't have any Saaz and I swapped to Perle which were a little more but no charge again.
It was free delivery over £60 I think.
Who do you guys recommend,looked at the malt Miller and they look good but no free delivery I think.
Replies appreciated :thumb:

I've been very happy with both geterbrewed and the homebrewcompany I think they both charge £6-7 for delivery (I might be waived if you spend more).

I can thoroughly recommend the following UK suppliers All of who i have at one time or another pestered with a question or 2 call/email and have received top notch advice and customer service..

1) my local HBS also online stonehelm.co.uk (pants company name great guys..)
2) Copper kettle online brewshop..
3) Brew-UK - a big online supplier who when i phoned with a query sourced someone with specific knowledge to answer and advise..
4) The Malt Miller, shame he moved to swindon ;( I liked popping down and waiting for the grain to be crushed while the hlt was heating up
5) homebrewbuilder aka Mark aka Mrlard a well respected forum contributor (over on Jims) who expanded his passion for brewing and top notch brewery building into a home business supplying all the nice bits of precious shiny, so if you NEED a top grade Thick SS weldless conical fermentor or a lwd brewing element :)

Ive also used the Worcester Hop Shop without need to email/call without problems.

just be careful of the more anonymous ebay and amazon sellers and you should be fine.

must admit I've found most of the suppliers to be good. The ones I use most are:
The Malt Miller (good selection of malt, package things up well, DPD delivery)
The Homebrew Shop (mainly use them for smaller stuff ..also wine yeast for my mead..lower postage charges for under a kilo)
The Homebrew Company (good selection, good prices though orders take a little longer to get here...good service for sending e-mails and getting replis whether order related or for recipe advice.)
Hop and Grape: use them for mead stuff..only folks who seem to stock go ferm and fermaid K.

I now only use MaltMiller, good prices, and more important to me. its delivered when stated. DPS are the couriers. You cant fault either company. Keep up the good work. Worcester Hopshop have dropped their prices (its a cut throat world) but Im more than happy with paying a extra couple of quid if I recieve a e-mail stating " your delivery will be between xxxx and xxxx"

Apologies right away,I am certain there is a thread on this but can't find it,my I pad is playing up I think.

I used to use the home brew shop uk,art of brewing and love to brew for my kits.
For my first grain order I used Brew uk(think this is Greg Hughes shop) and they were pretty good, they didn't have the Pilsner malt I orderded and automatically upgraded to the more expensive type free of charge,they also didn't have any Saaz and I swapped to Perle which were a little more but no charge again.
It was free delivery over �£60 I think.
Who do you guys recommend,looked at the malt Miller and they look good but no free delivery I think.
Replies appreciated :thumb:
I think its about £7.00 delivery charge up to 30kg from Maltmiller...Cheap as chips IMHO

I now only use MaltMiller, good prices, and more important to me. its delivered when stated. DPS are the couriers. You cant fault either company. Keep up the good work. Worcester Hopshop have dropped their prices (its a cut throat world) but Im more than happy with paying a extra couple of quid if I recieve a e-mail stating " your delivery will be between xxxx and xxxx"

Exactly m8!
Same here...bloody great tbh.

Latest posts

Back