Mangrove's jack grapefruit pink ipa limited edition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joski

Reaction score
Hi fellow brewers, is there anyone out there who has brewed this kit allready? I ordered it yesterday. Usually i brew the kits from bulldog (got 2 of them in bottles now) , this one should be different i guess. The good thing that made me buy it is that its like the elvis juice from brewdog (some kind of) and the fact i am brewing a limited edition one :-) .. anyway , if someone has brewed this allready please help and tell me what you add to this kit and what the pro's and the negative things are about this ..... Cheers!

I brewed this today, the instructions are in the bag so if you open it make sure you are ready to brew and all your equipment is sanitised :-) , the malt extract will be exposed to bacterial infection from now on. So i added 4 liters with almost boiling water in my fermenter bucket, added the malt from the kit, then added 1 kg brew enhancer (like the instructions say) and just added an extra 250 gr of brewsugar .. i topped it up to 20 liters with very cold water (instead of the 23 liters) just to get more abv, bittering and more taste .. keep you all updated how this one will turn out , hopefully it get's somewhere near the elvis juice from brewdog ;-)

the instructions are in the bag so if you open it make sure you are ready to brew and all your equipment is sanitised :-) , the malt extract will be exposed to bacterial infection from now on.

I'm confused by this bit. Surely unless the instructions are actually floating inside the bag/tin of malt extract then there's no risk of infection?

There are two sides to the pouch, one has the malt, the other the instructions and yeast.
OP i did a Mangrove jacks craft IPA a few weeks back i dry hopped with 50grams cascade and tried on friday was very impressed.

Hi fellow brewers, is there anyone out there who has brewed this kit allready? I ordered it yesterday. Usually i brew the kits from bulldog (got 2 of them in bottles now) , this one should be different i guess. The good thing that made me buy it is that its like the elvis juice from brewdog (some kind of) and the fact i am brewing a limited edition one :-) .. anyway , if someone has brewed this allready please help and tell me what you add to this kit and what the pro's and the negative things are about this ..... Cheers!

Hi Joski, do you have a link for where you bought this kit, i've 'googled' but can't find it for sale in the UK...............love Elvis Juice so i'd be tempted to give this a try :thumb:

Hi guy's, first of all the bag is indeed split in half but when you cut it open te malt is directly exposed to the air indeed because it's just an open pocket. I bought this one @ homebrewshop.be , hopefully this turns out to be nice, i only brewed 20 l instead of the 23 liters , the fermentation started very slow but today the airlock is very active. Cheers! :-)

....sure sounds like it! You'd think they'd print email on the outside like any normal loony!

There is a very simplistic kinda instruction how to brew on the back of the bag but it's just 4 steps so with this information you know nothing ! :-) , the paper in the bag with instructions is an A4 page (front and back) fully explained how to do this kit so you realy want to read this! ;-)

I bought this one @ homebrewshop.be

Aaaahh, that explains why I couldn't find it for sale over here, it's a Belgium shop, hopefully if it proves popular it will be stocked here one day.
Keep us informed about your progress and i'll look forward to your tasting review. :)

I bought this one @ homebrewshop.be

Aaaahh, that explains why I couldn't find it for sale over here, it's a Belgium shop, hopefully if it proves popular it will be stocked here one day.
Keep us informed about your progress and i'll look forward to your tasting review. :)

Yes indeed it's a Belgian shop so i guess i am lucky on this one (i live in Belgium) .. Too bad i can't order the young's Ipa , only in England they ship mostly and if you find an online shop that will ship to Belgium it's too expensive. But i keep you all updated on this homebrewkit guy's! ;-)

There are two sides to the pouch, one has the malt, the other the instructions and yeast.
OP i did a Mangrove jacks craft IPA a few weeks back i dry hopped with 50grams cascade and tried on friday was very impressed.

Then i might order this one also :-) .. but for now i have 5 brews going on strong! ;-) .. so that's one for later :-D

Still fermenting now as we speak, the airlock is going on strong (allready 17 day's now) .. i guess it is because of the 20 liter i brewed instead of the 23 the kit was saying.. anyway i'll keep you guys updated on this limited edition one ;-)

Still fermenting now as we speak, the airlock is going on strong (allready 17 day's now) .. i guess it is because of the 20 liter i brewed instead of the 23 the kit was saying.. anyway i'll keep you guys updated on this limited edition one ;-)

17 days of fermenting seems an awfully long time. I don't think I've ever had one go that long. What temperature are you fermenting at?

Indeed it's a very long time, even my bulldog evil dog (pimped) was not fermenting that long .. but indeed the temerature is a bit low here also, steasy 21 degrees it is ..... waterlock still active now every minute.. 18 days in now .. but i think it's almost done, like another few days, then i add the 10gr/liter dry hops (yeah i do not like to follow kits straight) :-) , so it's going to be good fruity 4 sure. I have allready brewed the mangrove jack's Ipa receipt nr 1 kit now! It's going to be 85 ibu ( bitterhop with 31 gr mandarina bavaria, 20 gr citra, 15 gr amarillo and 23.5 gr mosaic , boiled all for 20 minutes!!) .. :party:

The airlock did almost stop so i added my dry hops 3 days ago (a lot of them :-P), since i have added the hop's it started fermenting again!! Realy strong! Of course i added 200gram to 20 liter so the gas the hops are producing did the airlock activate again and today it is still going quite strong! Is it save to bottle now???? Does someone know that?

Ok, i'll check now Clint, and in 2 days again 2 be sure.Instructions say end gravity should be 1008, it's 1009 so i guess it's quite close (after almost 4 weeks in the bucket!!) , thnx!

Latest posts

Back