Ritchies On The Rocks, Blueberry Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brews-brothers

Reaction score
I bottled this up 2 days ago.

Like the Lime and raspberry it fermented very easily.
Only issue I have had with this one is the sulphur smell. I dont think it is the kit though, I think if its warm this tends to happen. I gave it a right good stirring when I added the flavour sachet and lots of the eggy smell disappeared.

It tasted nice just as I was bottling it. I will leave it for the week in the warm kitchen then put it in a cooler place to clear.

I will report back when it is ready to drink.

Oh and again if you like Kopparberg it is a good clone!

One month later and I have opened a bottle, it really is lovely.
Not quite as strong fruit flavour as Kopparberg but sitll really good.

I prefer this one to the Raspberry and Lime and will definately do it again.

Oh and I think giving it a good stir before I bottled it got rid of most of the eggy/sulphur smell.

I've just started this one on Friday night.

I want to keep my flat not fizzy... would I still add the extra sugar at the end?

sailaice said:
I've just started this one on Friday night.

I want to keep my flat not fizzy... would I still add the extra sugar at the end?

No, the extra sugar ferments in the bottle creating the co2 which gives it the fizz.

Oh Thank you!

I thought it would be the same as the Elderflower wine kit I just did. I added 400g at the end and stood it for a bit before bottling and it was flat

This Cider kit require 5oz adding and I thought it would be to sweeten it also

Just transferred this kit into a secondary fv with the flavour pouch after 2 weeks, will give it another week before priming and bottling.
Used 1.3Kg of brewing sugar as directed and it is now exactly 5.9%, SWMBO tried the bit out of the trial jar and it had her approval :thumb:

Back