Tropical fruit juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

31bb3

Landlord.
Reaction score
I went round local cash and carry today and saw some princes tropical friut juice from concentrate so i thought id buy some and make a gallon of alcoholic up ive measured the OG and its only 1030 so i think its going to need something added to increase the gravity
Am i barking or will it turn out anything drinkable ????

to get it to 1080 for a wine youll need about 130g/ liter of xtra sugar
its upto yourself how strong you want it sg of 1.080 would get you about 11%

I've got a Tropical / white grape clearing now, used juice from tesco. Watch the initial stage mine blow through the air 3 times, had a tasted at racking it's pretty good.

As per above, added sugar to just over SG 1.080

Well ive just added 1ltr of cranberry juice brought to the boil then added 2 kilo sugar and desolved it im going to check starting gravity in a while when its cooled think i may need to split it into 3 demijons till its calmed down ?????
Well I think perhaps ive gone a little overboard with the sugar the hydrometer is sitting very high the bulb is just under the water im guessing about 1200 ?? going on the forum calculator its probably going to end up about 25 % ???
WHOOPS

Back