Bottle Conditioned Beer List

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd start it off lower. From what I've read, Fullers pitch the yeast at 17C/18C then raise to 20C. Then (iirc) when fermentation is over crash it down and hold it there for a bit while the yeast cleans up

Sorry to pester you again but hey, that's what forums are for, right?! Ok so it was fermenting at 5am today so it got going in less than 17 hours. It's chugging away steadily now but at about half the speed of CML stuff. Now I know that is notoriously fast but how should the Fuller's stuff do in comparison? It's at bang on 20C as you suggested. Cheers!

Sorry to pester you again but hey, that's what forums are for, right?! Ok so it was fermenting at 5am today so it got going in less than 17 hours. It's chugging away steadily now but at about half the speed of CML stuff. Now I know that is notoriously fast but how should the Fuller's stuff do in comparison? It's at bang on 20C as you suggested. Cheers!

Told ya it'd get going :thumb:
Actually the fullers strain is supposed to be quite quick too, then drops out like a rock. Similarly to the CML RA yeast. But I seem to recall when I've cultured up yeast form bottles they alway seem to be a bit slower on the first pitch. After that they do fine.
As you know, let your hydrometer be your guide

Told ya it'd get going :thumb:
Actually the fullers strain is supposed to be quite quick too, then drops out like a rock. Similarly to the CML RA yeast. But I seem to recall when I've cultured up yeast form bottles they alway seem to be a bit slower on the first pitch. After that they do fine.
As you know, let your hydrometer be your guide

MyQul... "drops like a rock", huh? You can say that again - I bottled my 1845 ale yesterday and it is now crystal, and I really do mean crystal. That can't be right... but it is. I have never seen anything like it. What gives?? Has it skipped the carbonation stage or summat?

Where does it say that? I cant see any mentioning of being bottle conditioned

It didn’t (well, it might have - I don’t think there was much in English on the bottle), but it was probably the biggest layer of sediment I've ever seen in a commercial beer bottle!

MyQul... "drops like a rock", huh? You can say that again - I bottled my 1845 ale yesterday and it is now crystal, and I really do mean crystal. That can't be right... but it is. I have never seen anything like it. What gives?? Has it skipped the carbonation stage or summat?

WLP002/ The fullers strain is well known for doing this. It'll still carb up fine

New one for the list maybe? Found this in Tesco yesterday

Nørge ø

It's unfiltered and unpasteurised. Seems like it's got a decent bit of yeast still in it. They do a Saison, Pale Ale, and another type (forgot what now), but the labels are all the same except for the colour of the lettering. Not had a chance to taste it yet though

https://imgur.com/a/aBm4h

Nørge ø

It's unfiltered and unpasteurised. Seems like it's got a decent bit of yeast still in it. They do a Saison, Pale Ale, and another type (forgot what now), but the labels are all the same except for the colour of the lettering. Not had a chance to taste it yet though

I’ve had less sediment than that in some of my home brews!

Nørge ø

Ive added it to the list :thumb:

Will you
You're right... tried one last night and it's coming along nicely, and not dissimilar to the beer I nicked the yeast from. Well happy!

Gunge will you be using this yeast again. I just did a golden ale with cascade and it worked really well with Fullers Yeast.
Very little yeast transferred to the bottle and beer is crystal clear even though I did not cold crash or add finnings.

Did you culture it up from 1845, Saisonator? It's on my list of yeasts to try, bit can't get hold of Lancer round here; just 1845 (mind you, that's a cracking ale). I was a bit worried that there would be less viable yeast due to 1845's strength, meaning I would have to drink a few bottles to make sure! :beer1:

Did you culture it up from 1845, Saisonator? It's on my list of yeasts to try, bit can't get hold of Lancer round here; just 1845 (mind you, that's a cracking ale). I was a bit worried that there would be less viable yeast due to 1845's strength, meaning I would have to drink a few bottles to make sure! :beer1:

I've done the Fullers strain twice using 1845. I just used one bottle both times

I meant to add a while ago:

And Union Summer Wheat - I cultured up from a bottle, pitched and made a wheat beer. It tasted wheaty so I assume it's the primary strain. I made that batch again using safale WB06 and it tasted the same, which makes me wonder if that is the strain they have used.

I just cultured from one bottle of 1845, it cultured easily.

I meant to add a while ago:

And Union Summer Wheat - I cultured up from a bottle, pitched and made a wheat beer. It tasted wheaty so I assume it's the primary strain. I made that batch again using safale WB06 and it tasted the same, which makes me wonder if that is the strain they have used.

added

Back