Ekuanot Cryo hop power

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Covrich

Geek
Staff member
Reaction score
Brewed my first brew using cryo hop powder..

Never brewed with this or Ekuanot either.. It was complimentary but I pretty much made a smash brew with this (technically its not as I used some northern brewer to bitter and I added some cararye).

Anyone brewed with these types of hop powders?

will let people know anyway what I think..

From what I understand they are more intense so you only need 50% the quantity..

Brewed my first brew using cryo hop powder..

Never brewed with this or Ekuanot either.. It was complimentary but I pretty much made a smash brew with this (technically its not as I used some northern brewer to bitter and I added some cararye).

Anyone brewed with these types of hop powders?

will let people know anyway what I think..

From what I understand they are more intense so you only need 50% the quantity..

I have a load of cryo citra to make a BIPA with so I can’t wait to see how it comes out. Especially as my normal recipe uses about 300g of hops.

I understand allot of the point of cryo hops is a) you have less physical volume = less absorption losses b) less green matter = less/none vegetable taste that you can get when you heavy hop c) the flavour and aroma intensity is higher as the peak of the lupolin pollen is retained because of the freeze drying and separation process.

And because of this you actually only need to use 50% of what you would do with pellets. Hence why cryo hops tend to be sold in 50g packs.

Let us know how your beer turns out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a load of cryo citra to make a BIPA with so I can’t wait to see how it comes out. Especially as my normal recipe uses about 300g of hops.

I understand allot of the point of cryo hops is a) you have less physical volume = less absorption losses b) less green matter = less/none vegetable taste that you can get when you heavy hop c) the flavour and aroma intensity is higher as the peak of the lupolin pollen is retained because of the freeze drying and separation process.

And because of this you actually only need to use 50% of what you would do with pellets. Hence why cryo hops tend to be sold in 50g packs.

Let us know how your beer turns out.

Well there was hop scum in the pot but my filter wasn't clogged as usual got a good yield into the FV.. It did look a touch muckier at the bottom of the pot.. this may as a result leave more trub in the FV.. ill check later

Looks like we may be the pioneers on this little adventure..

Never left any for dry hop just went for late boil (some 15 and 5) and flame out hop stand using the full 50 ..

Used US CML yeast so lets see what we get!

I was going to do my BIPA with yeast bay Vermont and citra.

Sounds like I need to get this on soon and we get a swap going [emoji1303]

Back