quick wine kit question regarding transferring between dj's.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abeyptfc

Landlord.
Reaction score
hi guys just a quick q, my solomon g wine kit has bn fermenting for a week and at required gravity, in the instructions it says to now add stabiliser sachet and shake vigorously, should i transfer to a clean dj then add sachet, otherwise the sediment will mix if im shaking it? it does say to transfer to a clean dj before bottling though.
to transfer or not to transfer after fermentation?
ta
mark

I must admit, my soloman has been fermenting for a week now (gonna test sg 2morrow) but I was wondering the same thing.
I was going to switch dj's neway just avoid the sediment problem. But I would like to know if ne1 knows or has done one of these b4!?! :wha:

Dj

I can't really see much point in racking as it can't have had time to drop much of a sediment.

Has anyone done one of these?

How does it compare to the quid-a-gallon rotgut you can buy on the continent?

Moley said:
I can't really see much point in racking as it can't have had time to drop much of a sediment.

Has anyone done one of these?

How does it compare to the quid-a-gallon rotgut you can buy on the continent?

cheers moley, i will take ur word for it! im just going to fire in the stabiliser then transfer to bottling bucket for bottling!

Don't take my word for it, I have never made one of those Solomon Grundy kits and never will.

IMHO, 7 days is just plain ridiculous.

Send me a bottle and I still won't believe you.

There evidently is sediment, or yer man wouldn't be worried about mixing it in. I'll agree that it really can't be any good though; even turbo cider wouldn't be ready yet! I would suggest racking it before you shake it.

I was thinking that as it can't have any sort of solidity to what sediment may have settled in such a short time, volume losses on racking would be just ridiculous, so why bother?

Latest posts

Back