The Range "Make your own" Rosé 30 bottle kit.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, i put the warning above in my first post in the thread, i cannot imagine how sweet it would be with with the extra sugar.

Thanks for the review chippy. Iv not done a wine in a long while. I'll be doing this one very soon. If you didn't want it dry and a little sweetness do you think 300g would be enough considering what you said about the 750 would have made it sickly sweet if added??????

I wouldn't describe it as dry even without the extra sugar, if you do you can always add a little bit of sugar to the bottle and give it a good shake just before drinking it.

From their website - https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... kgbusCotVA

tttttttt.jpg

Mrs Tea found this at my local Range store, they also make a white and red version the Rose is ��£19:99.

When she went to pay the shop assistant told her these kits fly off the shelf every time they get a delivery so i was hoping for something better tasting than the price tag would suggest.

You cut along the dotted line which gives access to dry and wet compartments containing the sachets and the juice, the sachets are wine yeast, oak chippings, stabiliser and finings A and B, there is no nutrient sachet which concerned me at the time.

I had no need to worry about the lack of a nutrient as It fermented vigorously for 7 days as the instructions said it would, on the seventh day i took a reading and it was down to 995. (started at 1090)

I degassed added stabiliser and finings A & B which have to be added one hour apart, the instructions say to allow 3 days for clearing.

After 3 days it was crystal clear and ready to be bottled.

The instructions tell you to add 750g of sugar to back sweeten after you have stabilised and degassed it, i decided to leave it dry as Mrs Tea doesn't like sweet wine and i am glad i did it would have been sickly sweet if i had followed the instructions..

I found the wine a little rough when first tasting it but if you leave it a week or more the taste changes and is as described -

I enjoyed this wine so much i am going to start another soon. :cheers:

Instructions - http://www.makeyourowndrinks.co.uk/inst ... egory=Wine

1090 OG is scary. Mine was 1.094.

Chippy my wine is sat in the FV and today is day 8 so according to the instructions this should be ready to degas and add the A and B sachets yesterday however my airlock is showing signs of fermentation but only a buble every once and a while. Do you think this is just C02 and not a sign of fermentation C02

My last one took 10 days I never take kit instruction times seriously they are always optimistic, do you have a hydrometer?

Well I'm bottling tomorrow and 2 taster glasses tonight I'm quite happy. As you have said its quite fresh at the beginning and does need some bottle conditioning.

Interesting read through this until I did a store finder search and realised that there is not a Range within a 'million' miles of me! :(

Got a WOW forum favourite Rose bubbling nicely though so hoping this will be a good match.

Edit - home delivery available :thumb:

To be honest Ithink a supermarket juice wine made from one litre of RGJ and an Apple juice topped up with apple juice after racking is better then the Range rose.

To be honest Ithink a supermarket juice wine made from one litre of RGJ and an Apple juice topped up with apple juice after racking is better then the Range rose.

Excellent. On your say so then ;) will just get some more apple juice for topping up. Going great guns at a bubble every 2 seconds at the mo .

Latest posts

Back