Cellar 7 Sauvignion blanc

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made this kit a few weeks ago, very simple to do, pour the concentrate out of a 5 litre jerry can, top up to 21 litres (although I did mine to 19), chuck in the yeast and leave to ferment. As usual with these kits, the time scale is a complete lie, and it takes around a week to ten days ferment, rather than the five days claimed in the instructions.

Once fermentation had stopped and checked with a hydrometer (12% ABV), the wine was racked off the sediment, degassed and fermentation stopper added. Next step is to chuck in the two-part finings and the wine was then left for 2 days to clear in a brew fridge set to 7C. After two days the wine was crystal clear, so was bottled.

The wine is more of a yellow colour than I was expecting, in fact it looks just like one of my orange juice WoWs! It's only been bottled for about two weeks, but it's pretty drinkable, quite crisp, hints of gooseberry and a nice touch of acidity. I don't drink much white wine, but my sample glass soon turned into a sample bottle, so that tells you something! Friends have described it as very drinkable and it compares well with a typical £5 bottle of table wine.

Time will tell if this gets better with age.

Hmm, not sure as I've not been drinking it, but letting it mature! I'll find out next week and try and remember to do an update.

Latest posts

Back