STUCK WERRY

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard

Reaction score
Hi

As the title says, i have a woodfordes werry best bitter on and it has stuck at 1.016, its been in the fv for 11 days, the past 6 days it has given me a constant reading of 1.016, ive stirred it to no avail and now i have dropped it into a fresh fv to create a very thick frothy head, would anyone suggest i just go prime and bottle it at this stage or try and hang it out for a few more days.

Thanks

Rich

Hi Richard,

If you scan previous posts the werry does have a tendancy to stick around this mark had the same problem myself but at 1014, if its still reading 1016 after 6 days and its indoors i'd say its done and bottle away ...prime each bottle with 1/2 tspn of sugar.

Hope this helps.

LeicesterLad said:
Hi Richard,

If you scan previous posts the werry does have a tendancy to stick around this mark had the same problem myself but at 1014, if its still reading 1016 after 6 days and its indoors i'd say its done and bottle away ...prime each bottle with 1/2 tspn of sugar.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, i will bottle it tonight.

Thanks again

Rich

I personly wouldnt bottle it at 1.016, its still aon the high side. Meaning youve just moved it to a secondry i would leave it there for about 5 days.

As long as its held at sufficient temp usualy around 18-26deg I cant see it dropping much anyways

Most people who have done a wherry say the same thing it sticks below 1.020 I'm sure I got mine down to 1.014, by all means leave it another 5 days it wont do it any harm ...

:drunk:

if you have any yeast saf04 is good make a starter and repitch. Oxygenation is a major cause of stuck beers you really have to work at it. some people pump neat oxygen in, extreme in my veiw but stirring is not good enough if the foam is not coming out the fermenter it has not been whipped enough.

Back