2kg Lactose

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just add it to my grain orders when I need it, most places it's about £3.50 for 500g. Do you have a lot of milk stouts planned?

when does everyone add the lactose, im planning on a chocolate porter using powder and nibs (along with pale chocolate malt), but seeing mixed views on when to add the stuff. its either near end of boil or secondary (in my case it would be primary), or in one beer thread it was at bottling time along with priming/sugar? last thing id want is a sweet beer, in which case is it best to have an IBU of around 40-50 to balance it out?

when does everyone add the lactose, im planning on a chocolate porter using powder and nibs (along with pale chocolate malt), but seeing mixed views on when to add the stuff. its either near end of boil or secondary (in my case it would be primary), or in one beer thread it was at bottling time along with priming/sugar? last thing id want is a sweet beer, in which case is it best to have an IBU of around 40-50 to balance it out?
15 mins from end of boil:thumb:

Latest posts

Back