Hello from Bristol

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wither2000

Reaction score
Hello from Bristol

I used to brew before life took over and time was always too short. Not done any home brew since my last batch in 2005 when I was making London Pride and Tim Taylor Landlord copies from a Roger Protz book recipes. Now the kids are getting a bit older I've a bit more spare so on a spur of the moment decision I thought I'd make new year's brew yesterday. Grabbed the fermenting buckets out of the loft and went to my local brew supplies - great shop - Brewer's Droop on the Gloucester road(things have moved on a bit in the last dozen years) for some pale maris otter and fuggles hops to get me back on track.

Had a great day re-learning more stuff than I ever knew and something is bubbling away. Let you know how it turns out.

Cheers.

Hey and welcome.

I lived in Bristol for many years and know Brewers Droop well. In fact I was there just recently. It seems they sell more actual beer now, than ingredients but still a great shop.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

After 10 days fermenting at a steady 20 degrees in the airing cupboard the gravity has dropped from 1050 to just under 1010 so have transferred it from the fermenting bin to a pressure barrel in the garage. Tastes good already - very light but balanced by good hops, can't wait til it's matured in the barrel a while.

Latest posts

Back