Brew No8: Apple and Pomigranite TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weepete

Reaction score
So I threw this one together over the holidays an apple and pomegranite turbo cider!

Ingredients were:
3 x 1ltr tesco eveyday value apple juice
1 x 1ltr pomegranite juice
150g or so of Sugar
1 tsp youngs super yeast
2 nutrient tablets
1/2 tsp tannin
1/2 tsp mixed acid
1/2 tsp pectolase
Water to 4.5l

Stabiliser added at sg 1.00 and degassed. Finings added 3 days later and its been clearing for about a week.

It got clear enough on the top for me to draw off a sample tonight, and this is lovely stuff indeed, I'm well pleased with it. Its got a bit of a strange nose, but a real pomegranite flavour. I think it would get even better slightly carbonated and well chilled. I'll probably drink this batch still but will do another and carbonate and age it.

Question is can I carbonate it in 2ltr juice bottles or would I be better going glass and getting a bottle capper?

Thats a great sounding recipe, and one i will be doing, so thanks for sharing this one,as for the bottling, yes, bottle and cap is always the way i go with carbonated cider!!

I liked the one I did with pomegranate, but I could see it might not be to everybody's taste (like the clove one...)
You can use 2l PETs if they were made for fizzy stuff. You'll probably get away with PETs not intended for fizzy stuff too, but it's more of a risk.
You'll want a capper sooner or later, but only the 30quid bench ones are really satisfactory in the end.

Latest posts

Back