Strawberry TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinleycat said:
Made a hint of raspberry variant today.
12 litres apple juice
1 bottle raspberry syrup (smells absolutely gorgeous)
4 litres water
Packet of cider yeast
Fingers crossed etc!!! :pray:

I was going to say that sounds quite nice, but why 4 litres of water? - I would have kept as apple juice and the syrup. Avoiding diluting the flavours. I'd also add tanin and citric acid (1tsp each per gallon/4.5 litres). It will be ok and drinkable.. but not to my taste - there's no right and wrong with turbo cider, just what's right for you.

GeorgeSalt said:
Kinleycat said:
Made a hint of raspberry variant today.
12 litres apple juice
1 bottle raspberry syrup (smells absolutely gorgeous)
4 litres water
Packet of cider yeast
Fingers crossed etc!!! :pray:

I was going to say that sounds quite nice, but why 4 litres of water? - I would have kept as apple juice and the syrup. Avoiding diluting the flavours. I'd also add tanin and citric acid (1tsp each per gallon/4.5 litres). It will be ok and drinkable.. but not to my taste - there's no right and wrong with turbo cider, just what's right for you.
I saw a recipe (i think it was greysalchemy) which added 5 litres to 20litres of straight apple juice.
I think the raspberry will be much sweeter than the apple and as its for Mrs KC and the 18 year old lad I also didn't want it too strong as she's a bit of a lightweight and he's a big lump to have to shift if he's leathered!!!

Back