Blackberry & Elderberry Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

narmour

Landlord.
Reaction score
I racked my batch of Blackberry and Elderberry into 4 demijohns for the long haul yesterday, they've cleared up nicely and are a lovely deep red colour, akin to a very light supermarket red wine. It's pleasantly fruity with quite a kick at the minute, I would be happy to start drinking this now!! but it will go away til at least the summer. Success!!

Its one of the finest home brew wines that can be made in my opinion. You must however secrete at least one bottle for the long haul of 18 months maturation...then you'll wish you stored many more away.
Its also a great wine for fortification into a Port type drink
My little tip...whatever you have the wine in now, those that are destined for a long maturation wrap in brown paper and keep well away from daylight.

Becareful tho.... my son is the result of blackberry and elderberry Port........... :whistle: :whistle:

One of the DJs will go into the attic to be forgotten about so it'll hopefully make the 18 months!

My daughter is the result of a St. Patrick's Day blackberry teabag wine binge :drunk:

Thanks for the tip, I will probably use black bin bags as I have them handy. Will report back in 18 months!!

Back