Self priming pump

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

83jmh83

Reaction score
Does anyone use / be able to recommend a self priming pump suitable for brewing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why the preference for a self priming pump? and what is it for? for cold side pumping and dispense/line cleaning pumping the co2/compressed air driven pumps Flowjet G56 are reliable and CHEAP. https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/1625324908...=1006976&device=c&campaignid=805055692&crdt=0
otherwise your looking at diaphram pumps mainly in order to create the required suction to self prime, last time looked there were some to be found on the germen candirect site.

on the Hot side most of us use magnetically coupled pumps which are generally not self priming but are able to be controlled with a valve without problems. and simply sitting the pump below the feed is enough to prime the system.

Thanks Fil, that looks perfect. You guessed spot on, it's for cold side and cleaning.

Hot side I'm using TD5 magnetic pumps and can't fault them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you will need a compressor to run a G56, you can also use co2, but that might be considered wasteful, a lot of people use large garden sprayers to pump up air pressure to move cleaner and sanitiser etc through lines.

if dead set on a G56 pm me and make me an offer as i have one i never used beyond testing it moved water powered by my co2 cylinder..

Back