The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm stupidly excited by the news they're going to start selling malt. It'll be great to have a reasonable place to buy malt in Glasgow.

So far so good...emailed order Sunday lunch, invoiced and paid by mid afternoon, hops and yeast despatched Monday am...

2x50g of hops, 5 yeasts- all for a tenner...

Looking forward to brew day on Saturday!

Martin

Looking forward to that. Anyone got a clue how long we gotta wait?

I asked Steven, the boss man, at CML a couple of weeks ago and he couldn’t say. A few months ago he said he was waiting for a supply agreement to come to an end.

Would be great to get grain also, I only use their yeast and moving hops over to them as I need.

Great prices, A1 service and a batch of humour for free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get all my hops and yeast from them now and the fact they do free delivery is a no brainer really. Can't wait for them to start doing a lager yeast and grain will be spot on too, no need to shop anywhere else?

I get all my hops and yeast from them now and the fact they do free delivery is a no brainer really. Can't wait for them to start doing a lager yeast and grain will be spot on too, no need to shop anywhere else?

Hear, hear!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The free postage makes buying hops fresh for when you need them is brilliant. Going to be great if we can do the same for specialty malts.

The free postage makes buying hops fresh for when you need them is brilliant. Going to be great if we can do the same for specialty malts.

This.

Don't need them for Maris Otter - not gonna ship 25kg from Glasgow to Norwich.

BUT I would use them just for the other grains - less than 1kg per brew.

Would be prepared to pay an element of postage...

Cheers

Martin

Hops and yeast you can get by but grain unless speciality and small amounts maybe but base malts and such will be standard postage and I use CML quite frequently.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Think I misspoke a bit, I don't expect free postage on grain as it tends to be ordered in a quantity that makes it heavier/bulkier than hops, although they do up to 500g bags of hops for free. I was more meaning that it would be nice if they can supply small amounts of specialty grains without the postage making it bad economically. Looking at the royal mail I guess once you go above "small parcel" the cost gets a lot higher, which makes the £5 - 7 p&p most places charge not sound so bad.

The thing with free shipping is that usually you have to add it onto the price of your items. As you say, RM are not cheap! I used to send a small parcel of shrimp (live ones. lol) every now and then and between the cost of the packaging and RM special delivery it used to cost me £9 a time. Folks pulled their faces thinking I was ripping them off, but that was literally cost. Quite often couriers are actually cheaper.

Happinesses...coming home to a parcel of hops and yeast!

IMG_20171101_214025.jpg

I'm afraid I'm a huge fan of the US and new world hops, Citra been my absolute favourite. That said, I have SMSH fermenting at the moment where I used Mosaic, only ever had mosaic in Dead Pony Club before, so you never know it might become a new fave... lol

@Zephyr259... they're not related as far as I know. I use lots of Northdown for both bittering and aroma. Nearest I can think of is Challenger which happens to be my favourite hop, but it's nice to have a change now and again. Northern Brewer - think California Common / pseudo lagers. The last pack I had was labelled Northern Brewer/Hallertau. No, I've no idea either but I did use them in a very pale ale which I can't remember anything about...

I'm afraid I'm a huge fan of the US and new world hops, Citra been my absolute favourite. That said, I have SMSH fermenting at the moment where I used Mosaic, only ever had mosaic in Dead Pony Club before, so you never know it might become a new fave... lol

Have to agree with your first comment however my favourite has got to be galaxy, just taken delivery of a kilo from geterbrewed, cost fifty quid but most other suppliers are out of stock.

Next batch on is likeley to be Cluck’d If I Know, an Old Golden Hen clone with ABV ramped up a bit.

Back