I am new

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hello people I am glad to be here I am a new to cider and lover the stuff and want to be making some of that
I can get 13kg branbury apples for £9 with a % mixed with other veriatits

I also have a small 1.5L fruit press on the way and some campden tablets, wine and cider yeast, some nutrients, potassium sorbate, some 5L bottles and bungs airlocks

I am new to this and wanted to go out and pick some elderberrys to try make some wine but I am afraid they will be over ripe and wont get my stuff in time,,, anyhoo where there is a will there is a way I want to be well on the way to brewing up some nice cider anyway so you guys will be seeing me about and I am sure I have loads to learn from you guys

also I tryed some plum vodka once some polish girl made and it was wonderful so will be having a bash at them if I find how to

cheeeeeers everyone :) :cheers: :thumb:

Welcome to the Forum.
If you are making cider from apples you will need to pulp them before pressing.
Freezing and defrosting works fairly well.
You will also need a Pectin enzyme like "pectolas" to prevent your cider going cloudy.
Hope all goes well :thumb:

bishopsfinger said:
Isn't 001 thought to be Q?
No Q is Q, just like M is M . . . .the 00's are agents not 'office staff' :lol:

Oh Yeah . . . welcome to the forum :lol:

haha thanks for the warm welcome :) yes i am 00agent lets get merry lol
yes I will pulp the apples in a food processor
Pectin enzyme i will get too :) thanks i dont mind trying some cloudy cider
pectin wont alter the flavour in any way would it :) i am geting excited about making some cider as I am sure if the brew turns out to be sweet I will be investing in some better equipment I see an antique cider maker marvellous device I must say

Aleman said:
bishopsfinger said:
Isn't 001 thought to be Q?
No Q is Q, just like M is M . . . .the 00's are agents not 'office staff' :lol:

Oh Yeah . . . welcome to the forum :lol:

There are a chosen (weird) few out there on the internet wave who believe 001 is Q. 001 has not been in any of the first 21 films or any of the novels. It's not my opinion of course.... just being friendly (and a little bit sleep deprived in my mad welcome to the forum).

Sorry 001, I do not represent the well majority that use this forum

hehe thanks guys and gals
I got everything for Wurzel's orange wine going to get a batch of that on the go to have some rewards and get used to the whole terms with it all and get most of the gear
I know you can get yeast of the skins of the apples and have experimented once doing that "see i video on youtube on doing it"

anyway guys you will sure to see me around for a long time member name is Al by the way :)
I will start up a diary as soon as I start

till then :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I am Fairly new myself and I am strictly a kit man, ales mainly but a big welcome to you, I get all the answers I could ever want on this forum, I've only been brewing a few months and by reading replies to my posts & other members posts I have learned loads.. this is a great forum!!!!!
:thumb:

thanks all I now have most of the stuff
just need the tannin and Pectic
my dad gave me some yeast not sure if it would be good for wirles orange wine
in his recipe it callled for g.p yeast what ever that the yeast my dad give me is ec-1118 saccharomyce bayanus :shock: lol
i am sure the yeast should still work
I will make a thread now :)

:) my wine is well on the go in 12 hours bubbling up well nice :)
cheers guys :drink: only been on the site for 24 hours and have a brew well on the way already :)
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back