8g co2 cartridge on a sanke keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyC

Reaction score
Hey has anyone ever/known anyone to put a 8g co2 cartridge on a sanke keg? I Have searched everywhere for info on this but can't find anything. Is there a connector that fits on the co2 in part on the keg coupler that allows you to inject a 8g co2 capsule in to aid serving the beer rather than having all the tank,regulator and alike. If not would I be able to just put the beer out line on my beer engine and pull the ale through as normal? Cheers

I have seen small C02 bottles used, but only as you would with a large bottle, i.e. attaching it to the regulator. I'm not sure how you would go about it without a regulator. Also, not sure if it would work without any C02, unless you could some how replace the existing fitting with a beer engine style pump.

Sorry not to be of more help. I'd be interested if you can manage to do it, would be good for serving 'real ale' out of a sankey.

you would have to use over 10 to dispense the whole keg, not particularly cost effective tbh

Latest posts

Back