adding honey - help please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danb

Landlord.
Reaction score
on wednesday i racked 5g of ginger beer into 5 djs, i added honey and lime at different amounts to each to experiment. i put 1 crushed campden tab and the honey into the djs then racked the ginger beer onto the honey. it hasnt mixed in very well and isnt fermenting again very quickly if at all. theres no bubbles on top or coming up the sides and the airlocks are only bubbling once a minute if not a bit slower. have i done this wrong and how should the honey have been added? thanks

i think it may just take a while to get back into it, mainly worried about it not being mixed in properly

Ive put half a tsp of nutrient in and gave it a good mix will see how it goes

its been 6 days since racking and adding honey. i gave them half a tsp of nutrient and a good mix and still a few days later theres no bubbles rising in the djs, airlock bubbles once in a few minutes. has the campden tabs killed the yeast and do i need to add more. i was planning on racking a couple of different tc's to mature in bulk but seriously considering not using campden again after this. thanks

Back