Micro batch of cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with it - the DJ looks beautifully clear. Hope it is OK for your Christmas sample though from what I have read real cider seems to improve significantly if it is kept quite a bit longer. Some of mine seems to have started MLF so I'll keep it for several months before drinking.

The TC is being drink now and is pretty good given how little time it has been maturing.Drinking it straight off the lees as a flat cider. Planning to recycle the yeast cake with a flat clear cider with some added dark sugar in the next few days.

Dave

Cheers. The bottles have cleared really well, but the small amount of sediment is very loose, so I think I'm going to be drinking cloudy cider whatever happens. The Christmas day drink will be just a tester - I'm aiming to leave the rest as long as possible (if I can). I'd be pleased if it started to MLF, but I'm not sure it will. May have to try a TC in the new year to tide me over until next Autumn when I'm aiming to make a bigger, better batch. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back