Tweaking kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tooker

Reaction score
I've done a couple of kits now and i'm really enjoying it, but I would like to know if anyone has success tweaking kits. I am too much of a novice to comtemplate 'proper brewing' at the moment.

One of the last kits I made was the Coopers Canadian Blonde - it was really good, except I kept wondering if it would be nice with a hint of honey...
I assume I would just subsitute some of the 1kg of sugar for honey.
Has anyone done this - or could recommend a good starting amount to use (which I can then tweak to my taste in future brews)?

..or is this not a good idea! :sick:

Any advice is appreciated!

Hi

I have tweaked a couple of kits,I have done coopers lagers using golden syrup,also one with a slice of lemon ( you only need 1 or 2 at most or it over powers the brew ).I have used brewing sugar ( no difference in my opinion ) also i have use black treacle in stout kits,Newest thing thats worked well with a stout kit is using small n2o bulbs to make a creamy,smooth pint.

There are quite a few things you can try,GoodLuck :cheers: :thumb:

This recipe was provided by a member on another forum. He is known to tinker with kits and has great success.

Coopers Pale Ale Kit
500gms Light spray malt
500gms Honey
50gms Goldings
100gms dried elderflowers.

Brew as per instructions + stick the hops and elderflowers in a mesh bag and stick it in the brew from the start. It turns out to be a light floral beer.

Cheers Neil

this sounds really good sorry to post hop (no pun intended) but with the mesh bag would you put this in fv and the pressure barrel?

also where would you get dried elderflowers from?

Im new to this game but enjoying it already got the first brew going now just chilling in the garage ready for summer bbq's :cool:

Latest posts

Back