First AG today!! Get in!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done, that's how many of us started down the AG route.

And let us know how it turns out, might give that a go - haven't brewed with Northern Brewer hops before but have some arriving on Mon for another recipe, so might give yours a go at some point.

Well done mate. I've just cracked open my 3rd bottle from the 5 litres I made to @clibit's recipe around 6 or 7 weeks ago.

If you're anything like me, you'll be surprised how easy it was and how much it differs to kit beers.

It seems a real mile stone in home brewing!!:party:
The brew went well except for a slow run off...
I got 15 litres of sweet sticky wort, how easy is that!!!
Came in a 1045 OG. My recipie said 1047 not bad!
Its all in the FV and the yeast is doing its thing.

It's a huge milestone, like the election of Jez Corbyn, things will never be the same again.

Let us know how it works out.

1045 when expecting 1047, absolutely close enough, well done there.

Now the waiting begins, best to get another one on if you have space and a spare FV.

Gravity check just now down to 1010.

Taster. WOW! That is special. Far out weighs extract brewing in terms of flavor. The biscuit comes through not too much but a nice background flavor and not too heavy on the hops. MEGA!!

My next brew is going to be a Weizenbock, been waiting for a long time to do it!! Will post we i get it done going to need a 33L stock pot.

Tasting.

Cracked a bottle last night. Needs more time to carbonate.
However, What a pint!! I am impressed with AG. Real clean flavors.
This is not going to last long.
Brewing AG Weissen Bock this weekend, cant wait for it to be ready and I haven't even brewed it yet!

Nice one. 'Clean' was the overwhelming impression I got having tasted my first AG too. Here's to the next one :thumb:

Latest posts

Back