who Knows - 3

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all as per ususal guess the OG and the FG to win a bottle delivered free anywhere in NI & uk mainland. In event of a tie nearest to gravity drop points wins. good luck. here's the brew.....

3kg dme
500g dwe
500g dark candi sugar
500g crystal malt
100g amarillo hops
100g galaxy hops
50g palisade hops
22 litres chase spring

500g crystal malt steeped in 2 litres water for 40 mins start temp 72 end temp 62.

3kg dme
500g dwe
500g dark candi sugar

added the dme,dwe and candi sugar to 4 liters chase spring added wort from crystal malt in and rinsed with 1 liter room temparature water.

boiled for 15 mins with 50g palisade hops added 3 litres room temp chase spring and 50g galaxy & 50g amarillo.

overnight no chill
Topping up to 22 liters.

[FONT=&quot]Yeast used - rehydrated T-58.[/FONT]

it's still bubbling away, but likely to we bottled 3rd/4th oct any more og & fg guesses for a free bottle posted anywhere in the uk, N.I. & eire to the winner?

1060 - 1010.
I don't have a clue in reality!

steve, you've brewed everything under the sun, you should have the numbers nailed :-)

ps. your 7 brews on at a time in one go is the stuff of ledgends in these parts :hat:

Ahh but Dad ive just put my first brew on for ages:shock: (had a few problems ), Wait until my Brewferm Xmas ale is ready and il send you a bottle :-P

Ahh but Dad ive just put my first brew on for ages:shock: (had a few problems ), Wait until my Brewferm Xmas ale is ready and il send you a bottle :-P

thats a deal, pm me your details and i'll send one over. It should be ready for posting 31st oct - dry hop 2night bottle on sat then 2 weeks carb - 2 week cold.:cool:

OG was 1.071

It's still fermenting :shock:

so at present it's 1014. I'll give it another week.

this means that so far the top guesses are: (how many points out)

sonnal - 3

brumbrew 7

beercat 7

beechwood 12

so by my calcs at 1013-1014 fg sonnal will win
at 1012 brumbrew scrapes the tie with 58 point drop
at 1011 and lower brumbrew gets it.

it's 7.48% at present!

The FG was 1012 and the og was 1071 which meant a tie between Sonnal, Beercat & Brumbrew but Brumbrew sneaked the tie-break with a 58 point drop where the drop was actually 59.

Congrats Brumbrew, PM me your details and a bottle will be on its way to you in a few weeks :-)

Latest posts

Back