Mangrove JAcks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samnorfolk

Landlord.
Reaction score
Anyone used mangrove jacks yeasts? And got a yeasty taste when bottling? The brew seemed to form a krausen very quickly then dispersed. I left brew in primary for 3 weeks

I used their saison yeast and it was fine.. I wouldn't use it again as I would probably go liquid on a saison though but the yeast itself was pretty good.

I used M44 on the first partial mash I did and although I did forget to use Irish Moss which might have been part of the problem it never cleared properly and there was a distinct yeasty flavour that has not gone away. It ended up more like a wheat beer than a pale ale, I didnt like the result but luckily the missus does so I have been letting her drink that for the last few months while I have the good stuff! :p

Yeah i did one with workhorse which is still going but i think it was the 'British Ale' if i remember correctly, i also forgot to add in Irish moss on this brew, but it def has a initial yeasty taste, might get better as only just bottled

Yeah i did one with workhorse which is still going but i think it was the 'British Ale' if i remember correctly, i also forgot to add in Irish moss on this brew, but it def has a initial yeasty taste, might get better as only just bottled

These summer hight temp yeasts seem to have a a med to low flocctuancy (and as a consequence a very high attenuation). I've got mauribrew 514, another high temp tolerant yeast, in a stout at the mo. It's been in there for two weeks and it's still furiously fermenting. I'm going to rack it into some plastic jerry cans to make some FV space tommorow. Hoping as a side benefit, racking it off the yeast cake will help to finish it fermenting

Back