Brew night: Prosecco

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh... mine's as flat as water. Not sure what I'm doing wrong... The taste is nice enough, but it's the fizz that makes it! I'll have to google it.

I'm going to do my first TC using cartons of apple juice tonight. I'm trying to find that Lowitz (if I've spelt it right) but I'm struggling. I'm just going to look up your recipe in a sec!
have you tried the usual supermarkets, polish/world foods aisle ?

how much priming sugar did you add Looch ?

I only got 37 x 500ml bottles and I primed with 300g sugar, which works out at about 8g per bottle !

I opened one to try just now and it's more like slightly sparkling if anything... will give it until Christmas now I think, I have plenty other stuff on the go 😵

It seems that every supermarket I've been in recently doesn't have a Polish foods aisle - I know that there's one at the nearest Asda to me - but it's getting the time to go there, what with things getting in the way like work, taxing the kids around etc etc.. LOL! I managed to pop out of work to my great local home brew shop yesterday to find that they were closed too :doh: hahaha - I'll get it sorted soon. As for the priming, I've been using the Coopers drops - with my cider, lager & bitter they've worked like a dream - but they just don't seem to be doing much to this prosecco. I tried googling how many drops to put in & couldn't find a lot of info - so I started off with 4 per bottle, I've kept them in the warm. I opened a bottle on Saturday night, there was a pleasing 'pop' when I opened the bottle but as I say flat - or as my Uncle would say flatter than a witch's tit :lol: I have been opening the bottles & throwing a couple more drops in to the bottles. They'll probably explode soon!

hmm seemed to clear completely since I last looked at it a few days ago.....

One in the fridge to break out tonight 😄

That looks lush, Roddy! Where the hell am I going wrong then? :mad::sulk::?:
maybe not quite enough priming sugar ? 😕

cheapbrew: tastes pretty good matey, made it a bit strong tho 😵

Hi guys, thinking if trying this but need to ask a daft question first. Looking at what you have listed it's 13l but you devided by 5 for one dj (4.5l x5 =22.5l) so does that mean you topped up with 9.5l of water?

Hi guys, thinking if trying this but need to ask a daft question first. Looking at what you have listed it's 13l but you devided by 5 for one dj (4.5l x5 =22.5l) so does that mean you topped up with 9.5l of water?
yeh mine's not all juice matey, nearly 50% water

had one out tonight and it's crystal clear and strong as f**k hehe (Mrs S is passed out on it 😯)

Roddy I have a question for you I have made two lots up and started on the 22nd dec so its looking like it should be ready to rack on sunday, the prosecco has cleared very well, I used a sparkling wine yeast and there seems a lot of activity going on still forgive me if this sounds silly but will I still need to prime with sugar and secondly should I wait for activity to stop? I am very new to all this lol. atb wayne ps I have not checked gravity yet as i didnt want to disturb too much i just left it alone

best bet is to check gravity chief, mine got down to 0.990 so take a reading and report back 😃

Is it best to let it ferment out completely then prime in to bottles? If so are you better to prime with sugar or carbonation tablets? (Never done a sparking wine)

Latest posts

Back