English Real ale stove topper priming

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajt24

Reaction score
Just a quick one I have got fermenting an All grain English real ale stove topper which will soon be ready for bottling, but I have lost the instructions, does any one know the amount of sugar I will need, there is about 10litres of ale . I have been using the instructions for the berire de grande which was 25gram of sugar would this be to much or about right.
thanks in advance

If you follow the 'Calculators' link towards the top of the page, you will find the Beer Priming Calculator. Input your volumes and amount of CO2 required (there's a CO2 style guide below the calculator) :thumb:

4g per litre is a good rough guide. It handily equates to a teaspoon per 500ml bottle if you're using those.

I use brewing sugar, many use ordinary sucrose, and of course we all swear our way is best,when it's either a matter of taste or there really isn't much difference. Other than carbonation drops which generally get a bad press.

Latest posts

Back