Tiny Rebel, Cwtch

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This being my local brewery been waiting for this to be released. Interested to see how they are compaired to comercially produced Cwtch.

That Cwtch is one of my favourite beers, though I've only had it once. My missus got me a couple of craft beer boxes for Christmas and it had one of them in it...I was majorly impressed and left wanting more.

I'll probably be buying that at some point.

I've had it on draft. I'm luck enough to have an excellent pub very close. That have around 8 taps on all the time. Just wondering how the kit was. Think I'll pick one up tomorrow and see how it goes

This being my local brewery been waiting for this to be released. Interested to see how they are compaired to comercially produced Cwtch.

Probably a bit like how Woodfordes Wherry compares to it's commercial counterpart - not much. The Wherry kit is made under licence by Muntons, as are many other branded beer kits, including Cwtch: from their website "Muntons are pleased to announce the new addition of Cwtch".

Probably a bit like how Woodfordes Wherry compares to it's commercial counterpart - not much. The Wherry kit is made under licence by Muntons, as are many other branded beer kits, including Cwtch: from their website "Muntons are pleased to announce the new addition of Cwtch".

I suppose the only way to find out is to try it, damn thats another to add to the que lol

Has anyone tried their One Inch Punch session IPA? It's really good, I'd forgotten about it until I saw this thread. I might contact the brewery and tap them for some details...

Well this arrived today...it looks like a decent kit, which comes with:
2 cans of malt extract
2 6g sachets of American yeast
4 bags of hops; 1 28g sachet of columbus, 1 28g sachet of citra, 1 30g sachet of columbus and 1 30g sachet of citra
A leaflet of instructions. A difference in this beer kit to others is that it says to put one of each hop into the fv with boiling water, before adding the malt extract.

I hope to get this started this weekend but I'll have to see about that...I'll keep you posted

20160519_214420.jpg

I just went and got mine today too. They have a few of them left in the shop.
I'll be putting mine on tomorrow. I plan on batch priming and putting in a corny keg for 4-6 weeks before drinking.

I had time this evening so ended up pitching this kit. The instructions were clear and concise and they even come with a page to write the date you started the kit, the OG, a second and third SG and the FG.

I had an OG of 1.047.

Id love to discover how this compared to the actual cwtch - as that's one of my favourite beers.

Update: as per the instructions I took the SG last night and added the remaining hops. The SG was an impressive 1.011 which gives an ABV of approximately 4.7%, higher than the estimated stated on the box.

I tasted the sample and given that it was only pitched on Friday, I was very impressed.

Just had this kit delivered, not brewed since last year as I've moved flats.

Really looking forward to it, starting back with the basics.

Bottled yesterday, with the FG at 1.010. It was the worst bottling day I've had up to now. The FV was given to my by a colleague, rather than my own. It has a tap at the bottom like mine and I've got a bottle wand so I thought it would be easy. Wrong. The tap was too big for the wand so I had to use a plastic tube which wasn't fit for purpose as beer would stay in the tube after I took the bottle away and then would spill out onto the floor.

Also, where the tap connects to the fv started leaking for some reason, so beer was dripping down too. It was a mess on my kitchen floor.

Latest posts

Back